AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Not really that interested in AFLW at this point. That may change with us having a team though it may not too.
I'll support the Tigers team in the AFL competition but tbh I'm finding it hard to get invested in another football team.
I'll probably watch it on the TV.

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
I haven't watched any since the first season, so will tune in to see what its like. Good luck to the women's team. :)

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Richmond’s Round 1 team:

B: 18. Sarah Sansonetti, 2. Phoebe Monahan, 34. Akec Makur Chuot

HB: 15. Rebecca Miller, 28. Gabrielle Seymour, 1. Sophie Molan

C: 13. Alana Woodward

HF: 14. Sabrina Frederick, 6. Christina Bernardi, 9. Hannah Burchell

F: 8. Courtney Wakefield, 24. Tayla Stahl, 16. Laura McClelland

R: 11. Alice Edmonds, 3. Katie Brennan, 4. Monique Conti

I/C: 12. Laura Bailey, 20. Holly Whitford, 7. Lauren Tesorerio, 5. Maddy Brancatisano, 10. Kodi Jacques

Emg: 17. Ella Wood, 26. Ciara Fitzgerald

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Richmond’s Round 1 team:

I/C: 12. Laura Bailey, 20. Holly Whitford, 7. Lauren Tesorerio, 5. Maddy Brancatisano, 10. Kodi Jacques

Go tigers, eat em alive
all aboard the ‍

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Bought an AFLW membership as a show of support for all things Richmond, will make us an even bigger, better and more inclusive club. Will be wandering down on a balmy Friday night to watch our inaugural game.
Thereafter depends on the product as to how many live games I go to, (especially with games moved away from PRO), but will always support the right for women to play our great game.
Go Tiges

Surprised as I would have thought buying a membership for the rfc would cover both the men’s, women’s, wheel chair and any other team they have.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Surprised as I would have thought buying a membership for the rfc would cover both the men’s, women’s, wheel chair and any other team they have.

Normal membership does cover free entry, but there is an option to tag on a $79 AFLW membership as a particular area of support just like you can add the fighting tiger fund as an add on membership.

So just a matter of choice.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Richmond’s Round 1 team:

a quick read through the stats and they aren’t very tall. Edmonds is their version of soldo: she’s in the ruck at 189.

I notes she’s way taller than me and could probably kick my arse with or without a footy.

but yeah fly would love this team because they aren’t encumbered by height.

but I guess it’s all relative to the opposition and I doubt they are much taller at the blues.

im excited about this and will be watching tomorrow night!

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'll be there tomorrow, in the section for AFLW Foundation members. Looking forward to it.

It is going to take time for the women to get up to speed with their game, but the improvements have been quick and substantial over the last few years.

All good and finally I have a team.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'm pumped for it. Go Tiges. And the Sam Lane podcast (only 2 eps so far) about our team is great listening

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I'll be there tomorrow, in the section for AFLW Foundation members. Looking forward to it.

It is going to take time for the women to get up to speed with their game, but the improvements have been quick and substantial over the last few years.

All good and finally I have a team.

DS
see you in there, i'll be in Tigers gear

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Should this not be on the girls page?

Why? DyreTribe main board is 'talking footy' and that is what we are doing so whether people post it here or on the dedicated, (hidden away AFLW section), it doesn't matter.
DyerTribe gets the most traffic so one AFLW thread here seems relevant IMO.

To support my argument the dedicated AFLW Board has only 5 threads, 40 replies, 1,323 views.
This ONE AFLW thread on DyerTribe has 491 replies and 9,000 views. (pretty convincing for it to be here).

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
A couple of great doco's on the formation of our AFLW team, compiled by Sam Lane and input by a cast of thousands.

Even if you have no interest in women's football it is still an interesting listen.