AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wonder if there’s a feed or if it’s televised.

WatchAFL is showing it so I imagine it's on Fox or at least the AFL streaming app.

Interesting that we're 4th favorites for the flag and we haven't played a match yet. We've either recruited real well or the AFL community are now *smile* scared of anything Richmond.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yep. Shame the girls have to play at that shithole...
Yeah, they're runner Maher thinks he's being funny promoting it as Carlton V Richmond. .... actually I'm glad, they can claim it as their home game.... would be hilarious if we slapped the reigning runners up off Princess Park

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maher is a peenis and a sycophant PC sock puppet.

If that's where the Carlton FC has fallen to that they will get hyper pumped over a AFLW win over the RFC then thats hillarious and even a touch sad for them.

They can have the win on Friday, we'll slap them off the MCG in the real game the real comp, the one that counts and set their season off in the same way as we have done over the past few years.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
.... would be hilarious if we slapped the reigning runners up off Princess Park
Was thinking similar earlier in the week. Carlscum women's is one of the inaugural teams in the WAFL erm AFLW. Would be funny as hell if we hammered them first game in.

In honour of our first Femme AFL game I'll have a peep at the start of the game n then probably a score check or two in case we look like winning :)). Haven't seen anything in previous seasons that would interest me enough to do more than score check the opening game. Seeing as their representing us I'll wish them well n hope they flog a few teams, but that's about as far as I'd bother.

Letsroar

Tiger Matchwinner
May 19, 2014
Will watch it
The women’s game has improved markedly each year

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Bought an AFLW membership as a show of support for all things Richmond, will make us an even bigger, better and more inclusive club. Will be wandering down on a balmy Friday night to watch our inaugural game.
Thereafter depends on the product as to how many live games I go to, (especially with games moved away from PRO), but will always support the right for women to play our great game.
Go Tiges

Reactions: 2 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Just my opinion, but it’s all pretty uninspiring.
You made it through the 80's, 90's, naughty's and a fair chunk of the teeny's watching uninsipring footy and still managed to find joy in it, so you can certainly handle this. ;) I know it won't be stunning footy for as long while, but I think over time it has the potential to be a high-quality game. I don't reckon I'll watch too many games, but I really hope they have a good year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

BetterTigers

Tiger Rookie
May 21, 2011
I'm also signed up as an inaugural member … just to show support for the club. Am really excited to see if the women's team bring the same intensity and style as the men - so i'll also be wandering over to Princes Park in full support.

Go Tig's

Reactions: 1 user

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Who are the top few players to look out for?

TBH my interest was more curiosity than believer when I went along to a Tiggys game last year.

It was a sublime passage of play by Monique Conti that made me shake my head. She backed it up as the game went on too.

Its was her natural ability to think inside a small box and get the ball out of traffic and all in the blink of an eye.

She is much like a Shane Edwwards or a Paul Broderick. Sublime hands that puts players into space.

I note that one of the captains in the AFLW actually picked her as an AFLW B&F scratchie this year and rightly so!

ATM she is the reason I'm watching the game. Has that "whoa" factor when she is near the ball.