AFLW season | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW season

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Reasonable standard early, dropped off in Q2 a bit. Same as last week we have trouble getting into forwards hands close enough to score easily. Conti a gun. Bernardi has brains needs more outside ball. 2 rucks promising but will take time.

Reactions: 1 user

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
it was mentioned on the night that the girls apparently were'nt executing the gameplan.

If our improvement in the VFL is any barometer I think the coaches are onto it and its just a wait and see thing as the season unfolds.

First game, first outing, things will get better.

Wouldn't surprise me if we go winless this year.

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
Definitely better than last week, but the general decision making must improve, and they must try and keep a run on game going instead of doing a “Bellis” and killing momentum. The forwards need to mix it up more and provide more options......and the shots for goal, well, I’ll let that ride this time cos weve seen worse in the AFL.....but only this time..
umpires........ridiculously inconsistent

Should have won by 2 goals in the end......

Reactions: 1 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Definitely better than last week, but the general decision making must improve, and they must try and keep a run on game going instead of doing a “Bellis” and killing momentum. The forwards need to mix it up more and provide more options......and the shots for goal, well, I’ll let that ride this time cos weve seen worse in the AFL.....but only this time..
umpires........ridiculously inconsistent

Should have won by 2 goals in the end......

I agree, better than last week.

Decision making and goal kicking let us down.

Positioning behind the ball still a bit of a problem also a lot of seagulling.

Apart from that hardness and fitness don't look to be a problem.

Still a long way off the good sides.

GO TIGES.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Reasonable standard early, dropped off in Q2 a bit. Same as last week we have trouble getting into forwards hands close enough to score easily. Conti a gun. Bernardi has brains needs more outside ball. 2 rucks promising but will take time.
So true
Our opportunities weren’t near enough.
the ladies need a ‘Lynch’.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't surprise me if we go winless this year.
Guess I must be hanging out big time for the season to start.
Watched a few minutes of the Dogs v Smelbourne, a few minutes of #lolnorf v GeeWhizz n about a qtr n a half of the Tigrettes v Mould Coast. Simply looks to me of watching some over sized little leaguers playing a game. There's a handful running around that can seriously play, they've got the skills n can read the game. There's another handful that are trying real hard having some fun but can't really play the game. Then there's the last handful that are just galumphing around with barely any idea of what's going on or what they are doing, but their parents make them play because sport is good for them.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Umpiring was woeful, the number of throws the GC players got away with was staggering.

DS

I guarantee you, the AFL have instructed the umpires to let things go.
Otherwise the ball will be in the umpires hands 90% of the game.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Went down to Metricon today. My kids were in the guard of honour for the girls which was awesome for them. Was great to hear the song as they came on. It was downhill from there.

The girls go hard, no doubt about it. But the game awareness and skills are lacking.

Why do they play fewer player on the field that the men? With the same size ground, players who kick less far, I reckon that causes part of the problem with the ball continually goinf back and forth and less scoring

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Went down to Metricon today. My kids were in the guard of honour for the girls which was awesome for them. Was great to hear the song as they came on. It was downhill from there.

The girls go hard, no doubt about it. But the game awareness and skills are lacking.

Why do they play fewer player on the field that the men? With the same size ground, players who kick less far, I reckon that causes part of the problem with the ball continually goinf back and forth and less scoring

To open more space.
If you had 36 on the ground.
It would be rugby. Packs then Ball ups.
The skill level will improve the more girls come into the system.
We are 5 years away before we establish a competetive side.
How did Frendicks and the captain go??

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
as long as we find some kids for the future.
This was always going to be patch qulit squad.
That is going to be an issue as we traded away a heap of picks for Brennan, Conti and Frederick. The new generation players are going to be heaps better than the so-called established stars from the inaugural year. The talent pathways through the Under 18 comp is now the same as the boys.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I guarantee you, the AFL have instructed the umpires to let things go.
Otherwise the ball will be in the umpires hands 90% of the game.

I agree but it was ridiculous at one point where I saw about 3 instances of GC players being tackled and throwing it followed by a Richmond player being tackled and pinged for holding the ball. When you let things go a bit, which is fine, you have to have some consistency. Sadly umpires and consistency do not go together.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Who were the So called experts who had us 2nd favourite for the flag.
I was actually excited to watch the girls, now im devastated.
In highsight we should've kept all our concession picks and loaded up on kids.
Carlton's best players last week were 20 and under.
Hopefully this year we use all our picks on kids.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
That is going to be an issue as we traded away a heap of picks for Brennan, Conti and Frederick. The new generation players are going to be heaps better than the so-called established stars from the inaugural year. The talent pathways through the Under 18 comp is now the same as the boys.
True and good to hear. I feel a bit of Gold Coast Suns 2012 in our team at the moment.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I didn’t watch that much but in the bits I did we seemed to be winning the ball fine. Given how hard accuracy is massive momentum killer before quarter time when we had the ball uncontested at d50, fumbled and got caught holding the ball with about five seconds on the clock then kicked it away (wasn’t sure if it was an accident or deliberate) for 50m penalty and kick from top of goal square. That’s 20% of their Goals on that play.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good comeback win by Brisbane over the Salty Cats. Bit like our PF.....come from behind win....:mhihi

Unfortunately for their girls, Pricky was there to watch.

That Dakota girl in the Lions team has the same charisma as our Jackmond.