AFLW Tigers vs Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tigers vs Bulldogs

Third Ring

Richmond is...
Oct 3, 2003
Hey, did you know Ellie Blackburn is their skipper…or has she changed her name to “Ellie Blackburn the Skipper”?? For those wondering, Ellie Blackburn is the skipper…

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The Stkilda game was a false dawn as they are rubish. Kicking for goal hasn't helped.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
An absolute slog to watch that second half.

Bodies down & skill errors galore.

Only good thing is McKenzie will be better for the run.

Tough to watch.

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
You sound as worried about Reid and Molan as I am, too ?
I had a little bit to do with the Knights girls squad a couple of years back and the standard is getting bettering with the elite pathways now available. But Molan and Reid (admittedly in first year) have no standout attributes at all so it just boggles the mind they were drafted so high.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Lack of quality depth is showing this season. Need more speed and midfield depth. Defence has been ok, led by Miller. Surprised if Molan isn’t delisted at seasons end. Jacques and Stahl too. Reid and Yassir will be ok but need time.
Agree with all of that.

For 2 years now I haven’t been able to take to Stahl. She constantly goes to her knees. Constantly. Even in that last quarter she was simply chasing a Bulldog girl and fell over - again. Lots of errors, constantly dropping to her knees and falling over. Bit of an indictment on the coaching staff too.

I’d de list her (and Molan) as well.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I had a little bit to do with the Knights girls squad a couple of years back and the standard is getting bettering with the elite pathways now available. But Molan and Reid (admittedly in first year) have no standout attributes at all so it just boggles the mind they were drafted so high.
And there will be no early future picks with 3 new AFLW franchises coming in.
We are left with an ordinary list for foreseeable future.
Let's hope Lavey doesn't choose basketball over footy if the choice has to be made.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Best thing about ditching Foxtel and canceling Kayo until the preseason AFL games start is I don’t have to be tempted to watch the women…

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
And there will be no early future picks with 3 new AFLW franchises coming in.
We are left with an ordinary list for foreseeable future.
Let's hope Lavey doesn't choose basketball over footy if the choice has to be made.
are you serious?
They haven't got a clue who is good, innie Minnie mo.
It would be easier guessing the powerball numbers then trying to work out whos good in the women's draft.
Where arent any good, because the skill level is under 14's level.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
are you serious?
They haven't got a clue who is good, innie Minnie mo.
It would be easier guessing the powerball numbers then trying to work out whos good in the women's draft.
Where arent any good, because the skill level is under 14's level.

?? Ellie McKenzie? Clear first pick, walked into the side and has performed. There are clearly players who you can tell are good.

Today we were clearly beaten by a better and more talented team. Towards the end you could see the Richmond players run out of puff, a lot less interchanges with 3 injuries. But the reality is that the ball spent most of the time in their forward half and we weren't competitive. Yes, there is clear improvement but we are a long way off being competitive.

Umpires could improve too, but then again, pigs might fly.

DS

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
?? Ellie McKenzie? Clear first pick, walked into the side and has performed. There are clearly players who you can tell are good.

Today we were clearly beaten by a better and more talented team. Towards the end you could see the Richmond players run out of puff, a lot less interchanges with 3 injuries. But the reality is that the ball spent most of the time in their forward half and we weren't competitive. Yes, there is clear improvement but we are a long way off being competitive.

Umpires could improve too, but then again, pigs might fly.

DS
It will take years for the AFLW to have a consistent top 10 or 20 that 90% quality.
It took the AFL almost 25 years to get it right.
Years between 87 -maybe 2005 clubs were giving away first rounders for nothing players.
Compare 2001 draft to today's draft.
Bisscombe for a first rounder, Groad for a first pick. It would never happen now.
The Girls are coming on but slowly.
Patience

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Two more serious injuries with both girls missing the rest of the season.
Another ACL to Hannah Burchell confirmed.
McClelland ankle syndesmosis.
It's terrible.:(

• Sad