AFLW Tiges Final game against the Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tiges Final game against the Bulldogs

Big winter in the sandhills required for Molan. Might help her lift her feet out of the quicksand she currently runs through.
Molan is a total spud, no idea why she was drafted so high. Poor athleticism, average skills and terrible decision making. Move her on quick smart.

Reactions: 1 user
Bec Miller has been good for us.
Frederick should be moved on. Molan has improved but is slow and a bit timid.
Brennans second half of the season was very good.
Great improvement over the year.
I would trade Chuot Frederick Molan at a minimum.

Reactions: 3 users
Bec Miller has been good for us.
Frederick should be moved on. Molan has improved but is slow and a bit timid.
Brennans second half of the season was very good.
Great improvement over the year.
I would trade Chuot Frederick Molan at a minimum.
Not sure you get anything in a trade for those three. Chuot and Frederick are both at their second club and Molan at her last

Reactions: 1 users
Interesting to go out to the Western Oval, I was commenting that the last time I was there would have been in the 1970s.

Not a bad game, we got jumped at the start and they really got us in the first quarter. Second quarter quite even. The third quarter was really good, into the wind and we were just much better. Footscray seemed to up their game in the last and prevailed in the end.

Just think Footscray are a better team at the moment but we weren't far off. Coming back in the third and getting close in the last were very good signs.

Clearly need a few more good players and Richmond do look slow against the better teams. We need to recruit some pace.

I am terrible at names but our backline has been a whole lot better with Cordner and some of the others we picked up.

We need to improve centre clearances, tend to let other teams get easy clearances for periods in our games.

Conti and McKenzie are just a couple of rungs above most AFLW players, both are jets. Brennan I think is not suited to playing in the centre, we have had to do it when we are getting beaten badly in the middle, but she is a forward and very valuable around goals.

Big improvement over last year. The whole AFLW went up a few notches and we managed to get closer to being competitive.

My main worry is that we need to get game time into our players and that will be damned difficult without the VFLW. We have to get them games in the off season and recruit a few good players and we could be knocking on the door of finals.

An enjoyable season of footy really. We need some of those AFLW cups to go with the men's cups.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
I understand the sentiment in relation to Molan. Not living up to the level she was drafted but that was a much better game from her. She was important to link up play with quick and precise hands a few times. I would persist there, she was valued highly for a reason. Could come good. Fredericks is a very good kick and a big confident unit but a liability in general play. I'd say she'd love to parked in the goal square and would probably be a reasonable full forward if we had that luxury. But that isn't what she is in the side for at the moment. Miller, Cordner, McKenzie, Seymor, Hosking, Conti, Birchall, Brennan. All working well and a spine you can build on. Ross had a great game. Real gutsy performance.

Just a slightly better rub of the green (2 massive missed 50s and no reward for tackling and some seriously soft frees going the other way) and they could have won that game. Plenty to work with, I expect them to be middle of the pack next year.

Reactions: 3 users
Interesting to go out to the Western Oval, I was commenting that the last time I was there would have been in the 1970s.

Not a bad game, we got jumped at the start and they really got us in the first quarter. Second quarter quite even. The third quarter was really good, into the wind and we were just much better. Footscray seemed to up their game in the last and prevailed in the end.

Just think Footscray are a better team at the moment but we weren't far off. Coming back in the third and getting close in the last were very good signs.

Clearly need a few more good players and Richmond do look slow against the better teams. We need to recruit some pace.

I am terrible at names but our backline has been a whole lot better with Cordner and some of the others we picked up.

We need to improve centre clearances, tend to let other teams get easy clearances for periods in our games.

Conti and McKenzie are just a couple of rungs above most AFLW players, both are jets. Brennan I think is not suited to playing in the centre, we have had to do it when we are getting beaten badly in the middle, but she is a forward and very valuable around goals.

Big improvement over last year. The whole AFLW went up a few notches and we managed to get closer to being competitive.

My main worry is that we need to get game time into our players and that will be damned difficult without the VFLW. We have to get them games in the off season and recruit a few good players and we could be knocking on the door of finals.

An enjoyable season of footy really. We need some of those AFLW cups to go with the men's cups.

DS
I think we have aligned in VFLW with port Melbourne but I don't know if that is all our squad. Pretty disappointing that we abandoned our VFLW team. Are Vic alfw teams all simply aligned with the VFLW teams -not sure how it works?

Frederick should join the SAS - she was good at that. Unfortunately she's a terrible footballer.

Another one I like the look of yesterday that I think has missed a bit of footy was McLennan ? A fit Bernardi will make a big difference next year forward I’d imagine , just lacked a bit of zip coming back from knee .

Fredricks reminds me of our “talls” we use to recruit. She actually has a good skill set just a lack of competitiveness imho .

I’d disagree CTT , I thought the same , however I’ve seen her do a bit of straight line stuff recently, she’s got genuine pace for a tall

Fredericks should be flattening the opposition with her size and power, not physical enough, maybe if we put Honey Badger masks on all her apponents she might show a bit more aggro;):)) , (ps you would have had to watch SAS to have any idea what I am talking about).

Big fan of Sarah Hosking. Has been super consistent and gives her all. Darcy good too. Enjoy watching Conti play and McKenzie is a ripper.
Rapt that we had some wins

Agree that Fredericks and Molan are disappointments. I would add Stahl too.

It seems our list management valued 1980s footy - big slow and rustic. Hopefully thats changed and we see more picks like Ellie McKenzie.
There is still gulf to the top sides, we will need to bring in speed and improve skill/ball movement to make finals next year.
But overall i have enjoyed watching them on telly from afar and next season would go see a match if i was in town.

Another one I like the look of yesterday that I think has missed a bit of footy was McLennan ? A fit Bernardi will make a big difference next year forward I’d imagine , just lacked a bit of zip coming back from knee .

Fredricks reminds me of our “talls” we use to recruit. She actually has a good skill set just a lack of competitiveness imho .
McLennan. Yeah, missed her. She had some great passages of play that suggest shes got some good footy sense. Agree on Bernardi, good signs. Wakefeild looked injured and seemed to be hobbling a bit. She's a great mark, very good hands. Would like to see her fully fit as the stay at home FF.