AFLX | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLX

Will it be any good?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
7 a side on a soccer pitch. 3 on the bench.
Trying to take a hybrid version of our game into the Asian market.

Leppa & X Clarke looking after our young side who likely to contain a mix such as Conca, Castagna, C Ellis, C Moore, Bolton, Broad, Stengle, Lloyd, Balta, & Menadue.

What do people think of the concept?
Any interest whatsoever, undecided or will it die?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Haven’t seen it yet but I’ll give it a go.....can’t be worse than AFLW......

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I'm keen to see it. It's been panned big time already, but it's an uncongested, faster version of our game. I don't see what's so terrible.

I'd rather watch AFL X than the JLT series.

Menadue will thrive in this format.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Happy that we are using it mainly for our young talent. They should play somewhat uninhibited so expect Shai and the like to bring out their X!

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
If they run it against the women's football so we have something decent to watch I don't have a problem with it.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
the AFL are embarrassing themselves with this concept. They are obsessed with trying to grow overseas which will never happen. And even if a miracle occurs and it does happen, its still not real footy.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
saw a glimpse of the 'launch' and it was kinda confused and weird.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Ian4 said:
the AFL are embarrassing themselves with this concept. They are obsessed with trying to grow overseas which will never happen. And even if a miracle occurs and it does happen, its still not real footy.
Agree.

they should stick to playing the odd H/A game of regular footy like they are doing in China

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Ian4 said:
Agree.

Instead of trialing this garbage, how about they concentrating on fixing the anomaly with the fixture and adding in an extra home and away game.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Smoking Aces said:
Agree.

Instead of trialing this garbage, how about they concentrating on fixing the anomaly with the fixture and adding in an extra home and away game.

Agree AFL should get the basics right first - Tassie, Gold Coast etc, the fixture as you suggest and even AFLW before this.

Gill the Dill is proving to be a poor administrator of the game in my view.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
If any of our players get injured playing this idiot format I will puke.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
tommystigers said:
If any of our players get injured playing this idiot format I will puke.

We play 1 less JLT match to participate in AFLX, and only play 14 players instead of 25. So there are actually less players open to injury this year than normal pre-seasons.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
year of the tiger said:
Agree AFL should get the basics right first - Tassie, Gold Coast etc, the fixture as you suggest and even AFLW before this.

Gill the Dill is proving to be a poor administrator of the game in my view.
This is the same kind of comment I hear from Trump supporters, like it's impossible to comprehend two or more things happening at once. Having a trial of a new concept early in the pre-season doesn't come at the cost of the Gold Coast, or the draw, AFLW - or anything else. It's just something that some people will watch and like, some won't be fussed, and it will upset some sad old bastards becasue they have nothing else to complain about.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Tigertool said:
We play 1 less JLT match to participate in AFLX, and only play 14 players instead of 25. So there are actually less players open to injury this year than normal pre-seasons.
Your knowledge and logic have no place in this thread. Come back when you're ready to have a panicked knee-jerk reaction to something new.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
hutstar said:
This is the same kind of comment I hear from Trump supporters, like it's impossible to comprehend two or more things happening at once. Having a trial of a new concept early in the pre-season doesn't come at the cost of the Gold Coast, or the draw, AFLW - or anything else. It's just something that some people will watch and like, some won't be fussed, and it will upset some sad old bastards becasue they have nothing else to complain about.

Keep the political comments out of the football discussion.

E

easy_tiger

Tigers of Old said:
What do people think of the concept?
Any interest whatsoever, undecided or will it die?

I think it will go the way of wopen gangnam style

yandb said:
Keep the political comments out of the football discussion.

are korean pop culture references OK boss?