AFLX | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLX

Will it be any good?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pretty boring bruise free defenceless footy. Still better than anything else on TV tonight though.

E

easy_tiger

Tuned in to watch the gf with the young fella

Main thing i took out of it

Was that tex is as dumb as he appears

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
DirtyDogTiger said:
Jack’s Rampages got up.

Jack kicked the sealer!

Did Jack say winning the AFLX is bigger then wining the 2017 grand final?

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Good event as a one off & a charity event. One did appreciate the skills all these players showed when given space thus showing why they play at AFL level.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
easy said:
Tuned in to watch the gf with the young fella

Main thing i took out of it

Was that tex is as dumb as he appears

You shouldn’t make fun of someone who has clearly had a lobotomy.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigaman said:
Good event as a one off & a charity event. One did appreciate the skills all these players showed when given space thus showing why they play at AFL level.

What’s skill? With No pressure most players missing basic shots at goal. The worse culprit Dylan Shelid. Shocking kick for goal.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
nafe brown said:
Why was jack knee heavy strapped? Does anyone know?

That’s the last thing we need. He hasn’t never had his knee strapped like that. Both him and Cripps had the same strapping.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I watched Bohemian Rhapsody. Great movie. Enjoyed it.

Only just flicked on the phone to make sure non if our boys got injured. Looked at the highlights.

Highlights seemed to be Rancey's entrance, Snags' gags and Jack's winner. Everything seemed ho hum even on highlights

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
TigerMasochist said:
Can't for the life of me understand why people are trying to compare this stuff to big bash.
Cricket used to be a game played over a four or five day format, Shield or Test. They brought in one day cricket, fifty overs a side to excite n tantalise those who got bored trying to follow the long format of the game, basically a new exciting hit n giggle competition. One day cricket got a bit stilted n boring, way to long n slow for the short attention instant gratification viewers so now they've invented big bash. Another shortened high energy hyper version of the game, but it still takes ( dunno, I've never watched a game ) about three or four hours to play a game. The basic rules n context of the game are not that different to Test cricket, it's just been ramped up to hyper speed.

A game of footy is already done n dusted in three hours, yet now they've invented some crap with half a side, playing on half a ground with a whole bunch of different rules n scoring options that's over in the time it takes to peel off a good fart and then we can change undies n watch four games in one afternoon / evening. Thank gawd there's only a few weeks to go before I have to try n concentrate on only one game for my three hours of entertainment.
They're comparing it to Big Bash because it's the game trying to expand it's audience. Soccer is beating the *smile* out of Aussie Rules as a grass roots junior sport. This version of the game keeps everyone involved, can be played on any field and is more about speed and skill, less about size, strength and endurance. Strategically it makes perfect sense. It's not for the older crowd like you and I, but it's a cool and smart idea, and I hope they keep at it. I like the State of Origin concept and think it will get a run next year.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Went along , mainly due to the fact I came down to see the inter club this morning. My son has only just got into AFL and been able to have easy access to players for a selfie was a real highlight for him.

Crowd seemed pretty low an sitting on the fence behind the players it was hard to see the game, appeared to be not a bad exhibition, however bottom line is nobody wants injuries out of this type of stuff. If it’s to go ahead I think the state of origin idea is the way to go.

Go Rampage

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
hutstar said:
They're comparing it to Big Bash because it's the game trying to expand it's audience. Soccer is beating the sh!t out of Aussie Rules as a grass roots junior sport. This version of the game keeps everyone involved, can be played on any field and is more about speed and skill, less about size, strength and endurance. Strategically it makes perfect sense. It's not for the older crowd like you and I, but it's a cool and smart idea, and I hope they keep at it. I like the State of Origin concept and think it will get a run next year.

Are they still trying to use this to expand the audiences? The rhetoric has seemed to change a lot this year from last year. I can't see this taking off. Bit of a gimmick really. Ok as a fun one day a year event. I Big bash had great paying crowds from the start. If you went and paid for AFLX you didn't look very hard for the free tickets being offered.

If they are going to persist they need to sort out the scoring awareness. Everybody, even commentators were totally confused about the 6 vs 10 points when a goal was scored. Need a visual reference before they have their shot at goal as to what it will be.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I was waiting for one of the interviewed players to say “yeah, we,re just taking it one week at a time”...