AFLX | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLX

Will it be any good?

• Yes

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Cheese Sandwich

Votes: 28 26.7%

• Total voters
Agreed hutstar,
This thread is supposed to be about AFLX, not some schoolyard rant about rugby, soccer, and ground capacity...
So, my take on AFLX is that it’s just another attempt from the AFL to tap into a different market to gain more cash from corporate deals and TV rights....
Thank god the Tiges aren’t playing any of our superstars....as for the guys that are unlucky enough to be in the squad, tread carefully, accept any umpiring decision , and remember that in about a week after the event, no one will even be thinking about it, so don’t bust a gut trying to be a hero.......
Having said that, I’ll still watch .......but only because that’s all there is

Richmond (15-man squad)

7. Daniel Butler, 11. Jason Castagna, 15. Jayden Short, 27. Sam Lloyd, 28. Jack Higgins, 30. Reece Conca, 32. Corey Ellis, 35. Nathan Broad, 26. Callum Moore, 38. Noah Balta, 41. Mabior Chol, 43. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, 44. Tyson Stengle, 46. Ben Miller, 48. Liam Baker

caesar said:
Shai not named in our AFLX squad, a bit surprised by that.

He is in for Rioli’s spot. Will be in JLT squad, not this Nicky mouse crap

Up until now players were contracted by RFC to play JLT & the normal season so how do players get paid for this AFLX gimmick ?. Surely managers of players who were contracted before AFLX inception would have to question the AFL as to how it effects player contracts due to the extra AFLX load placed upon the players.

Doubt any of this is a big deal or new to the players.
During preseason theres scratch matches with restricted playing areas and reduced numbers. Thats probs pretty common.

And it replaces a preseason game. The players are not more exposed.
Same risk as injury if its a club scratch match or official aflx or jlt

Tigertool said:
It's a shame Menadue didn't get a gig. He was the one I wanted to see the most.

Even though its probably as relevant as watching them play table tennis, yeah, I wanted to see MenAreDue too.

and $hai.

I'd pay to watch these kids play monopoly.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/ng-interactive/2018/feb/15/david-squires-on-the-afls-plan-to-reach-a-global-audience

sorry, couldn't work out how to post the actual comic strip on here, but this is absolute gold :rofl :rofl :rofl

AstuteTiger said:
Richmond (15-man squad)

7. Daniel Butler, 11. Jason Castagna, 15. Jayden Short, 27. Sam Lloyd, 28. Jack Higgins, 30. Reece Conca, 32. Corey Ellis, 35. Nathan Broad, 26. Callum Moore, 38. Noah Balta, 41. Mabior Chol, 43. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith, 44. Tyson Stengle, 46. Ben Miller, 48. Liam Baker

The Tiger Expendables

I dont know whats worse the playground game or listening to Taylor and Bradshaw
What a bag of *smile*
Back to channel.7

AFLX has had it's first Zooper goal.

A Zooper Goal, how embarrassing , please!!!!

Dekka Smith is one of the youngsters i look forward to watching this year along with Shai, Balta, CCJ and Miller, (in proper footy that is)

Something about him could be a player.