Afraid of heights? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Afraid of heights?

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
Not funny, but bloody scary......

(There is a small animation at the start you need to sit through)

http://www.liveleak.com/mp53/player.swf?config=http://www.liveleak.com/mp53/player_config.php?token=07b_1284580365%26embed=1

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
How could anyone do that? I felt very light headed and ill and really struggled to watch. Have a terrible phobia of heights that sometimes I think I might have finally grown out of then I see something that and realise I'll probably never be free of it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
rosy23 said:
How could anyone do that? I felt very light headed and ill and really struggled to watch. Have a terrible phobia of heights that sometimes I think I might have finally grown out of then I see something that and realise I'll probably never be free of it.

Regularly working in the top floors of a skyscraper (as I do), makes you get used to looking outside and noticing small ants crawling the city streets, but once you get outside in the open air, especially when windy, it does get scary.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
Ugh. Difficult to watch. Free climbing in the open air at that height? I wonder how much movement there is in that thing, especially while carrying a 30lb tool bag?

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Geez, that was difficult to watch all the way. Interesting physical reaction. I was sweating, shallow-breating, and finding all sorts of non-logical reasons not to keep watching.

Was it just me, or was he not holding on at all when he was tieing-off at the top?????