• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Alex Rance rumours

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
As if Tross would do the dirty on a teammate. I call bullshit. No chance whatsoever imo.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I can't find anyone who can say this is anything other than a rumour.

It would surprise me if Gale spoke about Rance being a true Richmond man and then the sit-down with Richo if there was anything to it.

Reactions: 7 users

clown

Time for an upgrade
Mar 16, 2004
This rumour on twitter is starting ro **** me off. separation is hard enough with out fuckheads making up ****.

Reactions: 2 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Even this insinuation is disrespectful, and nonsense, and should be taken off this board.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Even this insinuation is disrespectful, and nonsense, and should be taken off this board.
Agree. Not sure why this thread had to start...

Some f..kheads on BF already starting that Rance is going to come out of the closet (i.e. gay)

I suppose it's their feast for the summer until reality hits them from March 19.

Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Agree. Not sure why this thread had to start...
Popping the Mod hat on, unfortunately as distasteful as most of us find it, it is a legitimate rumour that is sweeping through the world of AFL social media. That means it is only natural it will be discussed here.

Unless it crosses into libellous territory then there are little grounds to remove posts.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

Brain washing the kids, one stuffed toy at a time
May 4, 2004
I moved Zipps post here from the Rance thread, as it was clearly a rumour.
I felt conflicted though, as I find it vile, repugnant and disgusting.
Having been cheated on by an ex in my past, every little rumour became something that was soul crushing, true or untrue. I could only imagine what it would feel like for those involved.
However, we have a rumour board, and it would be hypocritical to allow posts like this for other clubs, but delete it for a Tiger. I also know it's being talked about elsewhere, I just hoped we would have the decency not to.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Well said General.

I'm often accused of being contrarian on this forum but often it is my instinct not to let cheap nasty stuff go through to the keeper, regardless of if it is about Richmond or anyone else.

For example, I'd encourage people uncomfortable with discussion about Rance to revisit the Dayne Beams discussions and look at that through the same lens.

The footy public needs to lift its game when it comes to a lot of what is written on the internet.

The_General

Brain washing the kids, one stuffed toy at a time
May 4, 2004
Precisely TBR.

On top of that, having done some background work, the players rumoured to be involved appear to still be friends on all social media outlets.
You could assume that the club has tried to intervene and keep a story buried, but compare this rumour to Wayne Carey. If there was any truth, the players would kick him out, knowing full well they can win without him..instead they are holding out hoping he comes back and renegotiate his contract so they can have him on the list.
The rumour makes no sense.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Precisely TBR.

On top of that, having done some background work, the players rumoured to be involved appear to still be friends on all social media outlets.
You could assume that the club has tried to intervene and keep a story buried, but compare this rumour to Wayne Carey. If there was any truth, the players would kick him out, knowing full well they can win without him..instead they are holding out hoping he comes back and renegotiate his contract so they can have him on the list.
The rumour makes no sense.
Carey/Stevens is what I compared it too also. I'd say it's a strong rumour if the journos started it rather than some attention-seeker on a forum. I'd call it bullshit for now.

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Carey/Stevens is what I compared it too also. I'd say it's a strong rumour if the journos started it rather than some attention-seeker on a forum. I'd call it bullshit for now.
To be honest I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Normally when an unfounded rumour like this gets legs a journo will reach out to the club involved informally and then post something about it being incorrect.

I can't see where any journo has addressed it at all as yet, which given the social media exposure is quite unusual.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
To be honest I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Normally when an unfounded rumour like this gets legs a journo will reach out to the club involved informally and then post something about it being incorrect.

I can't see where any journo has addressed it at all as yet, which given the social media exposure is quite unusual.
Looks like Pricky Nixon started this on Twitter about a week ago and yet no journos followed it, and some salty-minded Pussies follower on BF saying it was Higgo's girl involved. Must be a boring time of the year for most...

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Well said General.

I'm often accused of being contrarian on this forum but often it is my instinct not to let cheap nasty stuff go through to the keeper, regardless of if it is about Richmond or anyone else.

For example, I'd encourage people uncomfortable with discussion about Rance to revisit the Dayne Beams discussions and look at that through the same lens.

The footy public needs to lift its game when it comes to a lot of what is written on the internet.
Agree, ppl often smash the player involved when it's an opposition player but crack it when someone has a crack at our own, ppl need to approach this the same as they have an opposition player in the past. I'm not saying to sink the boots in but look at the same way as in the past.

Reactions: 1 user