• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Alex Rance rumours

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ooops. If you were referring to my post about Jack being a selfish bastard, I thought it was obviously dripping with sarcasm.

Maybe not obviously enough?

I think I'd better skip it. Second time in a week I have come unstuck.
Sarcasm has no place on PRE

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

123kid

Tiger Superstar
May 1, 2016
One part of this story I find a bit disturbing and in some way lends weight to something untoward happening is that JW only permit divorce if adultery has been involved - this is from JW website - "At the same time, the Bible allows for divorce and remarriage on one ground—sexual relations outside the marriage. (Matthew 19:9) Therefore, if you learn that your mate has been unfaithful, you have the right to terminate the marriage"

I understand Alex & his wife are not divorced but they have taken the first step.
Restricting your partner’s spiritual growth (by losing faith / wanting to leave he religion etc) is also grounds for separation.

After separation, they’re still married in the eyes of God, but in reality they’ll just wait until one of them is seen with a new partner, and then officially “adultery has occurred” in the eyes of God and their community will approve the divorce.

Both of Alex’s retirement issues occurred within months of the global JW convention being hosted in Melbourne (2014 and 2019). Prime time for accusing a partner of not being spiritual enough. Just guessing.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Restricting your partner’s spiritual growth (by losing faith / wanting to leave he religion etc) is also grounds for separation.

After separation, they’re still married in the eyes of God, but in reality they’ll just wait until one of them is seen with a new partner, and then officially “adultery has occurred” in the eyes of God and their community will approve the divorce.

Both of Alex’s retirement issues occurred within months of the global JW convention being hosted in Melbourne (2014 and 2019). Prime time for accusing a partner of not being spiritual enough. Just guessing.
Hope that's correct kid. Ultimately Alex is a past player now, time to move on.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Ooops. If you were referring to my post about Jack being a selfish bastard, I thought it was obviously dripping with sarcasm.

Maybe not obviously enough?

I think I'd better skip it. Second time in a week I have come unstuck.
Couldn't have been clearer. You're always playing a dangerous game trying to be witty in a forum. It helps just to add the *sarcasm* tag and make it easy for the strugglers.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users