Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Rance - A full back at Richmond

at least Miller will be right this time when/if he says "cant believe he was still availiable at our pick" ;D

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

gaspar who?

rance will add structure to our defence and will run and use his skill unlike the giraffes we have had in the past in our backline

welcome alex!

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane

Absolutely rapt to get this bloke. About a month ago I was prepered to take him at pick#2, thats how badly I thought we needed his type. For him to slip to #18 is just fantastic for the club.

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004

Hmmm Hawthorn took Rioli when Rance may have been just the player for them.

New Buddy V Tambling perhaps?

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne

Already has bulk on him. refer RFC website for pic.

I'm wrapped we got him. just need our backline to gel together now, learn the gameplan, and we could be well on our way to adressing what has been our achilles heel for the past 20 + years

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

Where do people see Will playing if Alex is full back?

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

Will can take the faster, more mobile talls, rather than the gehrigs and halls.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

The_General said:
Will can take the faster, more mobile talls, rather than the gehrigs and halls.
Good to be able to start filling a few holes, eh General. Looking fwd to psd and rookie draft, this draft series may turn out to be an absolute bewdy, (fingers crossed)

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia

rosy23 said:
Where do people see Will playing if Alex is full back?
I think Will could be fairly damaging if he wasnt playing on the massive guys all the time.

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

skiptomystu said:
Hmmm Hawthorn took Rioli when Rance may have been just the player for them.

New Buddy V Tambling perhaps?

that was the pick i was most worried about, when he got past the hawks i knew we were in with a massive chance to get him

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat

just got this poll from r.f.c website,looks like they took note What should Richmond’s recruiting priority be in the upcoming trade and draft periods?

A ruckman (22%)
A big defender (48%)
A key forward (13%)
A crumbing forward (3%)
An inside midfielder (10%)
An outside midfielder

feisty tige

Tiger Legend
Oct 15, 2003
Dandenong

ssstone said:
just got this poll from r.f.c website,looks like they took note What should Richmond’s recruiting priority be in the upcoming trade and draft periods?

A ruckman (22%)
A big defender (48%)
A key forward (13%)
A crumbing forward (3%)
An inside midfielder (10%)
An outside midfielder

I thought that is what the coach/recruiters were for, but it looks like the Tiger members save the day again... ;D

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005

mopsy fraser said:
he will definitely play next year.
we used 2 skinny kids as our KPP last year and rance is already bigger than both of them (not hard i know).
at 192.3 kg and 87.6 he is a big strapping bugger already,i`m so excited about him.
we desperately needed a quality young KPP and i think we`ve got one.
bring on 2009.

Believe it or not he is already bigger than Maguane (191cm , 86kg) and Thirsty (190, 83).

I'm tipping senior football next year, maybe quite a lot.

IrockZ

Tiger Champion
Jul 18, 2007

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Believe it or not he is already bigger than Maguane (191cm , 86kg) and Thirsty (190, 83).

I'm tipping senior football next year, maybe quite a lot.

thursty and mcguane have never been big enough, despite many people saying they are

with a bloke the size of rance the defence looks so much better imo, thursty on the quick leading forwards like riewoldt and cloke etc and rance on the bigger guys

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006

Rance had an outstanding carnival.Very much in the Glass mould! ;)

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005

IrockZ said:
thursty and mcguane have never been big enough, despite many people saying they are

with a bloke the size of rance the defence looks so much better imo, thursty on the quick leading forwards like riewoldt and cloke etc and rance on the bigger guys

If it mean no more Raines on Riewoldt, sign me up.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

evo said:
Pears was a little over rated by many in my view.

Rance is an absolute bargain for mine.Genuine footballers footballer.Capable of holding down a key position and looks to me the type of tall player you can fast track as Thursty was.Might not play next year but 2009 i wouldn't be suprised if he's our regular full back.

Not the fastest bloke going around but should be able to play on the Barry Hall types eventually.With any luck may turn out similar to Ben Rutten.

Funnily enough the thought I had as i got in the car after the Casey fields championship games was if we got Cotchin and then Rance at 18 that would be the ideal result. Can't believe it's actually turned out that way.

Agree. Pears is good but I'd rather Rance. I actually hoped we'd consider Rance at 2 :eek:.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

evo said:
Pears was a little over rated by many in my view.

Rance is an absolute bargain for mine.Genuine footballers footballer.Capable of holding down a key position and looks to me the type of tall player you can fast track as Thursty was.Might not play next year but 2009 i wouldn't be suprised if he's our regular full back.

Not the fastest bloke going around but should be able to play on the Barry Hall types eventually.With any luck may turn out similar to Ben Rutten.

Funnily enough the thought I had as i got in the car after the Casey fields championship games was if we got Cotchin and then Rance at 18 that would be the ideal result. Can't believe it's actually turned out that way.

Agree on all fronts Evo. I would have gave odds of 20/1 for Rance to be on the board at 18. I much prefer him over Pears. We got a real steal and he fits our needs. Massive get.

richo_richo man

Fortune Favours the Brave - Eat Em Alive
Nov 10, 2007

SCOOP said:
Agree on all fronts Evo. I would have gave odds of 20/1 for Rance to be on the board at 18. I much prefer him over Pears. We got a real steal and he fits our needs. Massive get.

"Steal of the Century" what was everyone thinking to let a guy this good and ready to go slide through to us - early christmas present tigers.