Alex Rance

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Thats a fair call larabee and funny too.

Fun story from the clinic, Cotch was having his photo taken with a young boy around 10yo, waiting with daughter for her turn next, Tiger boy says to Cotch "you are my fifth favourite player" Cotch laughed and said "glad i made your top 5"

Reactions: 9 users

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
It wasn't open but I were there looking through the fence, my training report is up. cheers
Did you happen to notice our intrepid news breaker Zips Brown there, in his khaki safari suit, with microphone ( or some similar looking thing ) in hand chasing Alex around the boundary? Or was he at home again making **** up?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Did you happen to notice our intrepid news breaker Zips Brown there, in his khaki safari suit, with microphone ( or some similar looking thing ) in hand chasing Alex around the boundary? Or was he at home again making **** up?
He wasnt around the club last week.
Get over it

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I know it’s a big if , though the whispers seem to be his a big chance to get back this year, however the thing is it’s going to be bloody hard , even for one of the greats to play anywhere near his brilliant best, besides fitness it’s going to be hard for him to trust his body for a while , in saying that if anybody can do it Rance is the man.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 22, 2019
I know it’s a big if , though the whispers seem to be his a big chance to get back this year, however the thing is it’s going to be bloody hard , even for one of the greats to play anywhere near his brilliant best, besides fitness it’s going to be hard for him to trust his body for a while , in saying that if anybody can do it Rance is the man.
Seen the Avengers movie where Superman rises from the dead?

Faster than a speeding bullet.
More powerful than a locomotive.
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Look up, up in the air.
Where?
It’s Superman.
Hang on. No it’s not. It’s Alex Rance.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Seen the Avengers movie where Superman rises from the dead?

Faster than a speeding bullet.
More powerful than a locomotive.
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Look up, up in the air.
Where?
It’s Superman.
Hang on. No it’s not. It’s Alex Rance.
Lol no mate haven’t seen the movie, though I’ve seen a good flick a few times which sounds similar, AFL grand Final 2017

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Rance is the sort who accepts challenges!

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
If Goldsack could do it you better bet Rance can

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If rancey could be the 1% difference to win the premiership, id risk him never playing again to take the shot.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
The way the VFL schedule works might make it a bit awkward for him ie to get a few games in for match fitness. Might have to do it in the VFL GF.......

toothless

Don't push me 'cos I'm close to the edge...
Aug 16, 2009
If rancey could be the 1% difference to win the premiership, id risk him never playing again to take the shot.
The thing is no club can ever be assured of when their premiership “window” is open or closed so it’s imperative when the opportunity presents itself they throw everything at it when it does come to give themselves the best possible outcome at that moment in time

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The way the VFL schedule works might make it a bit awkward for him ie to get a few games in for match fitness. Might have to do it in the VFL GF.......
how does it work? don't you need to play a minumum amount of games to be eligible for VFL finals? Could Rance slowly build up by playing a half/3 quarters in the last 2 weeks of VFL, ramp it up with a full game in week 1 of the VFL finals (which I believe is played during the AFL bye week), then return the senior team the week after?

The thing is no club can ever be assured of when their premiership “window” is open or closed so it’s imperative when the opportunity presents itself they throw everything at it when it does come to give themselves the best possible outcome at that moment in time
agree 100%

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
I think Alex would throw everything at it and it would be his choice to do so. Appears to have his life outside football sorted. Could be his last tilt at a Premiership anyway.

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
Whilst we need him back badly, I wouldn't be risking him re-injuring it. 2020 for mine.
If he's declared right to play, he plays.
Who knows what the future holds? He could wait til next year & do it again in round 1.
Carpe Diem.

Reactions: 2 users