Alex Rance

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Absolutely which gives further perspective what transpires over the course of a season
it really can be a roller coaster sometimes. Rance went down in R1, we get flogged by Collingwood and GWS in R2 and R3, plus more injuries. and we think it might be season over. then a miracle effort in R4 and we somehow find oursleves 7-3 after R10 with all these players out. We start talking flags again. Then 3 consecutive losses and more injuries and we're questioning if we can sneak into the finals. Now after 2 big wins, players returning and losses to teams above us, the ladder has opened up for us to start talking top 4 again. But a loss this week and we're back to being in the middle of the pack.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ah good, I was worried there for a minute, as much about Rance as I was about Zips getting something right.
[/QUOTE
it really can be a roller coaster sometimes. Rance went down in R1, we get flogged by Collingwood and GWS in R2 and R3, plus more injuries. and we think it might be season over. then a miracle effort in R4 and we somehow find oursleves 7-3 after R10 with all these players out. We start talking flags again. Then 3 consecutive losses and more injuries and we're questioning if we can sneak into the finals. Now after 2 big wins, players returning and losses to teams above us, the ladder has opened up for us to start talking top 4 again. But a loss this week and we're back to being in the middle of the pack.
Agree. the Next 3 weeks will tell us where we are really at.
The weather has turned to **** in Melbourne and that should favour us.

aoc1974

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 1, 2015
Can't seem to find this posted on the forum so as the title relates to Alex, I suppose this is as good as anywhere.
Brendon Gale prematch v PA
More footy related stuff 10 minutes in.
Things I took from it.
Get stuffed geelong with your home final whingeing!
Big wrap for Marbior Chol as a player
Got the feeling Alex is going to play
When (not if) he takes over at HQ...... Tassie will be high on the agenda!

(Dwayne Russell introduced SHocking as the 2IC of the game the other night ..... as hopeless as gil is let's pray he don't get run over anytime soon!)

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-is-football/brendon-gale-ceo-of-richmond-joins-the-3aw-footbal

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
No oppo has four medium-talls we absolutely must sit on.
GWS- Cameron, Himmleburg, Finlayson, Greene.
Pies: Cox, Mihocek, De Goey, Stephenson.

Grimes is our best small defender, and Broad is best playing on a medium.
I reckon Shorts move to the wing on the weekend, might be the 1st step to him going to the VFL.- he was shifted back to defence in the 2nd half cos he couldnt get a kick.

caesar

Tiger Champion
Feb 9, 2015
Can't seem to find this posted on the forum so as the title relates to Alex, I suppose this is as good as anywhere.
Brendon Gale prematch v PA
More footy related stuff 10 minutes in.
Things I took from it.
Get stuffed geelong with your home final whingeing!
Big wrap for Marbior Chol as a player
Got the feeling Alex is going to play
When (not if) he takes over at HQ...... Tassie will be high on the agenda!

(Dwayne Russell introduced SHocking as the 2IC of the game the other night ..... as hopeless as gil is let's pray he don't get run over anytime soon!)

https://omny.fm/shows/3aw-is-football/brendon-gale-ceo-of-richmond-joins-the-3aw-footbal
This is one for the optimists:)

I were listening to two footy radio jocks, (can't remember who), one posed the question do you think Rance will play this year? one said he will play the other said REALLY?, (as in your kidding yourself), and got the reply that he had spoken to Murray, (his old man), and he is certain he will play.

No doubt Rance will put up his hand but as Benny says in interview it will come down to a clinical decision which hasn't even been had yet so remains a long shot.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
GWS- Cameron, Himmleburg, Finlayson, Greene.
Pies: Cox, Mihocek, De Goey, Stephenson.

Grimes is our best small defender, and Broad is best playing on a medium.
I reckon Shorts move to the wing on the weekend, might be the 1st step to him going to the VFL.- he was shifted back to defence in the 2nd half cos he couldnt get a kick.
Cats also have the resting ruck down forward and run Dangerfield and Gazza down forward who need bigger bodies on them.

Agree re Short he is in the hot seat with Baker these 2 are the most vulnerable right now, as is either Chol or Ivan.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
More footage of Rance in Instagram running with him saying he’s feeling good.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Rance may have a small niggle in the next couple of weeks and the que goes in the rack, however it’s obvious if he is to come back even he would have to get a couple of games under his belt before the heat of finals, I’m very much in trusting whatever Burge says, **** Rance got do his knee again walking down the street , who knows, thing is he could also be the difference between winning a flag and not making the GF, too bloody hard for me to have an opinion on....in burge we trust

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Rance and the Club are leaving every option on the table, of course.
Reckon if he's ready to play three games out from September then they will roll the dice and he plays.
He has to have some games under his belt before finals or otherwise, being underdone, he would probably be a liability.
Rance and the Club will make the best considered decision.
Funny, though, how at this stage of the season his absence hasn't been missed as greatly or to the extent to which I believed it would be after he sustained the injury in round one. All credit to the leaders at the Club and to the backline players who have galvanised in a different way/style without Rance.
Either or, the Tigers can win the flag without Rance.