• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Alex Rance

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I can understand people making excuses to help ease the pain but we have to stop lying to ourselves. Rance was in his prime and half fit would beat most teams key forwards.
We're learnt the hard way in the 2018 prelim that half fit just doesn't cut it anymore in the AFL.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Superstar
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
They keep records of how many houses everyone has been to. Rance has a chance to make it to the top of the list now.

He’ll become the world’s best JW.

All religions have a kindness culture, but it’s hard to imagine he’ll find a connection with them like he has with his teammates. Maybe he will, but it’s not easy to build a truly deep connection with a group of people.

Our best hope is he earns their respect but ultimately misses what he had at Richmond.
So if our 100000 members all gave the OK that Alex can knock on their door, on the priviso that Alex plays football for Richmond for the next 4 years, at 25,000 door knocks per year - then Alex would surely bust every door knocking record for the JW.

• Haha

BrisTiger24

Chimp's Love of the Tiger
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
They keep records of how many houses everyone has been to. Rance has a chance to make it to the top of the list now.

He’ll become the world’s best JW.

All religions have a kindness culture, but it’s hard to imagine he’ll find a connection with them like he has with his teammates. Maybe he will, but it’s not easy to build a truly deep connection with a group of people.

Our best hope is he earns their respect but ultimately misses what he had at Richmond.
Do they measure effective v ineffective door knocks?

If it's anything like Alex's footy career, he will have plenty of ineffective door knocks early but in 10 years time, he won't even have to knock, the doors will just open for him

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So if our 100000 members all gave the OK that Alex can knock on their door, on the priviso that Alex plays football for Richmond for the next 4 years, at 25,000 door knocks per year - then Alex would surely bust every door knocking record for the JW.
We could also offer $1 a household as a donation to the church Get Rance Back fund.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I can understand people making excuses to help ease the pain but we have to stop lying to ourselves. Rance was in his prime and half fit would beat most teams key forwards.
We need to remember that we didn’t face Hawkins in the preliminary final which allowed us flexibility. He could have caused us problems as we would have been a tall defender short. Just saying
Excuses? Yes was in his prime but a year out after a knee reconstruction and 30 years old is a completely different story. No player comes back from a reconstruction the same player from Day 1. There are psychological issues to overcome and confidence to build. Rance wasn't available to play in the prelim final last year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Rance roaming the backline without a man mopping and intercepting everything alongside stackman busting dance moves, would put my house on winning the flag.
I love the ideology. I reckon the reality would have been quite different. Rance still top 22 no doubt about it. Big loss for sure but based on where he was coming back from and his age I couldn't have seen him being near his past peak performance.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Two other Melbourne based clubs in regular contact with Rance about a 2021 comeback.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
There's still somethig NQR about the whole thing.

At first I thought Rance had red lined his rehab to try and get back for the GF after which he wouldve retired anyway if we won.

Then he hit the start of pre season, and said he wasnt really feeling it after doing all sessions leading ton the break.

Is there still a chance it was that clear cut all along.

Just throwing it out there.........................

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Two other Melbourne based clubs in regular contact with Rance about a 2021 comeback.
Over thirty n two years out of the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, geez, you'd have to be desperate.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
Norf (Cashed up and needing another KPD), or Druggies (Rutten and Blake connection) ????

LOL @ #essendrugs ..........the club that knocked back 2 first round picks for a crocked Joe Daniher who wanted out :mhihi:mhihi

Last edited:

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
Excuses? Yes was in his prime but a year out after a knee reconstruction and 30 years old is a completely different story. No player comes back from a reconstruction the same player from Day 1. There are psychological issues to overcome and confidence to build. Rance wasn't available to play in the prelim final last year.
Rance actually made himself unavailable for the Preliminary due to the complex risks associated. If he broke down, how it would effect team mates etc. Not because he wasn’t fit and ready to go. More about risk management.
I was referring more to those intimating that Grimes is adequate coverage and because we won a G.F without him, he’s surplus to our needs.
No one says he’d get back to his best from day 1 but you are talking about an exceptional athlete. Exceptional.
Strongest on the track, strongest in the gym. Huge loss. Those pretending otherwise can fool themselves.

Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
melbourne
The biggest loss the club might feel may well be not actually having Trossman around at all as he was there with the boys last year driving them.

No doubt one of the most important members of the playing group in regard to moral and club culture over his career.

Reactions: 4 users

HeadandShin

Veni, Vidi, Did a hammy
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
There's still somethig NQR about the whole thing.

At first I thought Rance had red lined his rehab to try and get back for the GF after which he wouldve retired anyway if we won.

Then he hit the start of pre season, and said he wasnt really feeling it after doing all sessions leading ton the break.

Is there still a chance it was that clear cut all along.

Just throwing it out there.........................
I went to a breakfast event in late August hosted by Rance, Richo and Tiffany Cherry. There were still strong rumours that Rance would be back for the Prelim and GF. When asked, he ruled himself out definitively. At the time, I wondered if he’d had a physical setback we didn’t know about. Now I suspect he may have made his retirement decision, but with that in his mind he couldn’t quite make the superhuman effort to get up for finals. He then kept the decision quiet to allow the team to concentrate on playing then enjoy the full spotlight.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
At the time, I wondered if he’d had a physical setback we didn’t know about.
I'd be confident that wasn't the case H&S. Someone on PRE saw him still training quite late in the season (Prelim or even Grand Final day I think) and he was there for the start of pre-season.

That wouldn't support any sort of significant set-back with the knee.