Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah seems he was confused and out-of-balance. Enjoyed his footy and hanging with his mates at the club.

I remember dating a girl from new york and pestered to move there. I quit work and it clarified in my head that moving to be with her wasnt the right move.
Sometimes making a decision, any decision, helps to see other things clearly

Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Tired of this conversation now. Looking to the future.

Reactions: 1 user

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
strange and why would the church think it’s their business to comment publicly anyway.

Some people are blaming his church for the decision to retire (and often quite nastily). Understandable the JWs would want to clarify this, for their sake and his. Must be galling for both that he’s not credited with being able to make his own important decisions.

Reactions: 3 users

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Up front I’m a Catholic and I never once heard of the Church forcing or otherwise a person to choose between the church and their employment/relationship etc.. all these bulls**t off shoots of Christianity are borderline cults where they have control over the individual.
Not borderline cult. Cult

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
'Conflicted' ex-Tiger Rance wasn't told to quit by his church
By Michael Gleeson

On the day he finally told the club he was committed to retiring, he said he wanted to tell the players then have a final training session with them in the following week, when he had been due to return to main training for the first time after his injury.

The club explained this was a mixed message and that he should be either in or out.

if true, I love this from the club.

used to really *smile* me off when your girlfriend would drop you and say 'maybe you could stay tonight, just one last time?'

I understood why she said it :cool: , but thats not my bag. youre in or youre out.

well done RFC.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I still think our defence missed him. Particularly his organisation & ability to cover off two opponents.

Of course they did he was the boss down there.

Saidit themselves all of them in interviews, Grimey, Tigga, Dave, Broady and Basha that was the case took em about 4-6 games to start gettting used to him not being there.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep. Most have moved on. Been a year since he laced up and we won the lot without him. Time to find a new full back for 2021➡

Yep ideally pinch a ready to go key back from elsewhere then draft a young key forward as we have more time develop one of those.

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Of course they did he was the boss down there.

Saidit themselves all of them in interviews, Grimey, Tigga, Dave, Broady and Basha that was the case took em about 4-6 games to start gettting used to him not being there.
Emma Murray said that Grimes freaked out when Rancey went down and was uncontactable.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
This win has left me feeling a bit hollow after such a bad second half yet not as hollow as I was after our win this time last year when we were all shattered that the great man had been lost for the year!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
This win has left me feeling a bit hollow after such a bad second half yet not as hollow as I was after our win this time last year when we were all shattered that the great man had been lost for the year!
We'll be right, only the minnows peak early in the season

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He’s no Alex Rance
Might not be, but he managed to give the Lynchman some hurry up all game. Young fella must be getting jack of getting hammered year in year out playing for a crap team. Reckon he could find another level or two surrounded by a bloody good team.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Might not be, but he managed to give the Lynchman some hurry up all game. Young fella must be getting jack of getting hammered year in year out playing for a crap team. Reckon he could find another level or two surrounded by a bloody good team.
He was given a fair bit of leeway that our defenders certainly weren't allowed!