Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
What was needed at that time was a recognition that he was very important to the development of players like Cotch and Dusty and a belief that RFC was the best possible environment fo someone in his situation.
Some probably thought they could do a better job. Balmy would have put them in their place. And it would have been great for them and a life saver for him.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
I don't think anyone is assuming that people suffering addiction can't be a good influence. Glass houses, and all that.

I'm just questioning the impact that Cousins had on Dusty.

I reckon we are selling Dusty short a bit, and he probably would have learned from earlier career mistakes. Like we all do.

Sounds like Big Richo has some inside info at the club though, and if Cuz guided Dusty through some tough times then I'm eternally grateful for his presence.

I still have my doubts that Cousins contributed to our flags, but I have ZERO doubt about Dusty's impact in them.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
We need a Rance is coming back story to cheer us all up... The world is just depressing at the moment.
How funny if he just rocks up come 2020 pre season #2. Can’t head to Nepal any time soon. Schools are closed so why the hell not put the boots on for 2 more seasons !!! And yes, we need an Alex back story to get us going ... and no more Cousins back behind bars story !!!

Reactions: 1 users

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
How funny if he just rocks up come 2020 pre season #2. Can’t head to Nepal any time soon. Schools are closed so why the hell not put the boots on for 2 more seasons !!! And yes, we need an Alex back story to get us going ... and no more Cousins back behind bars story !!!

Rance may have a captive audience at his local playing hub, prime opportunity for fresh conversions. Half the AFL will be JW by 2021

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If this is the case, and I'd pop a fiver on it (Not that I'm a betting person), it does give some weight to the story there has been some type of incident at the club where he's not welcome back. Otherwise, he'd come back to us, premiership window and all that. If it's not us, nothing else seems to make sense.

If its the Maggots or Essendrugs I'll spew up.

Might be the Weagles or Frockers if he chooses to go home.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
If this is the case, and I'd pop a fiver on it (Not that I'm a betting person), it does give some weight to the story there has been some type of incident at the club where he's not welcome back. Otherwise, he'd come back to us, premiership window and all that. If it's not us, nothing else seems to make sense.
If this were to be the case it'd pretty much confirm the rumours.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Might be the Weagles or Frockers if he chooses to go home.

My understanding is it will be the Dockers. He and God have a deal to convert the masses. Rance goes to fullback for the Dockers, they immediately win the flag, and the entire world will believe in miracles.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Wonder if he and Dimma have had any zoom calls of late??? This whole pandemic brings him almost on par with every other player. Not sure if his love of the game makes him want to play again but minus this preparation for Nepal, schools closed and his religion getting him out in the community, all of a sudden footy looks very tempting. Staggered the journos in this time of limited footy stories have not gone back to this. At least give is a classic tic tok Rancy

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Is he a free agent at the end of this year or is he still contracted?

He is contracted till the end of 2021

If at the end of 2020 we decided to delist him, he would then become a delisted free agent

That is why i am pissed with him, he signed a 2 year extension (for 2020 & 2021) on 12/07/2018 & then decided to retire some 17 months later

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
When he walked away, we should've just paid him out and stop the constant distraction of him ever coming back.
The story of him going else where continues. Footscray i was told was his preference.
But by the time he gets back playing 2 & half years not playing is too long.
Mal Michael part 2.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Fox footy on Instagram saying that he is considering a comeback but for a different club.
Surely this is just a slow news day.
They even photoshopped a magpies jumper onto him. :vomit

• Haha

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Fox footy on Instagram saying that he is considering a comeback but for a different club.
Surely this is just a slow news day.
They even photoshopped a magpies jumper onto him. :vomit
Leppitsch actually commented on it in the media on the weekend as well. Couldn't believe it when I read it.

Can't see why Rance would even consider a comeback for another club. Surely if he changed his mind he'd play for us.

Unless there is something serious that has happened about which we have no idea. :nono

I would fair dinkum :vomitif he came back and played for another club. Hopefully it's all bull *smile* but when Leppa commented it was a bit concerning I must admit.