Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Bloody hell some woke morons saying why is liver cut dusty not coming back now .
He's f--ginggg entitled to come whenever he wants after his all time 3 flag performances.
The same people must be trolling to see what other cheeses they can take offense to

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So, Dustin should come back to Melbourne to . . . hmm . . . hang around an empty Punt Rd while the team is in Perth?

Pointless.

He has a bad injury, why shouldn't he have a break, certainly deserves it.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Doull was amazing for a long time, although he lost it at times and it was quite amusing :D

DS
Bruce Doull is probably the only Carlton player from that era that I respected.

Edit

Syd Jackson would be another.

Last edited:

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Who in their right mind would want to come to cold, lock down Melbourne.
Call it what you like, but Victoria is still in a state of lock down.
And, it is cold and wet in Victoria, whereas Qld is warm and sunny.
Stay there Dusty until you feel better.

Yes agree and why come back to Melbourne when the squad is in Perth quarantining all week.

Can‘t we give our champ some slack - he has given us so much all ready.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Notably in Astbury's brilliant & passionate speech was the strong acknowledgement & advocation of Rancey.
Also poo-pooed the ridiculous rumours about Rancey and why he retired. It pains me that his legacy was tarnished in a way by rumours pushed by both opposition supporters and fans alike.

Reactions: 11 users

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
In light of Dave's brilliant speech...is it really beyond the realms of possibilities to consider a return, or just wishful thinking.....?

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Also poo-pooed the ridiculous rumours about Rancey and why he retired. It pains me that his legacy was tarnished in a way by rumours pushed by both opposition supporters and fans alike.
Disappointingly some of our supporters here seemed to buy right into it and even contributed to perpetuate it.
Rancey left in hurried and somewhat bizarre circumstances that appear to have more to do with his marriage breakdown and faith than anything else. Rance left as one of the greatest Tigers to have ever donned the yellow and black.
I’m glad it’s been officially put out there by those who would know. His closest teammates.
Very sad day today for many reasons.
Another pillar of our champion team departs.
Can’t thank him enough.

Reactions: 10 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Gone to Essendon as a development coach.:confused:
Very good get.
Interesting appointment.

Irrespective of whatever success or otherwise happens on the field with either the Bombers or Tigers in 2022, it will be ongoing ammo for Caro and other media hatchet jobs to continue their speculation that something NQR happened with Alex's departure.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Alex Rance is dead to me.
A part time role.
Alex Rance's quote (of course it's PR/written by their media dept).

“I couldn’t think of a better place to start my journey as a coach in the AFL. Having familiar faces in ‘Truck’ (Ben Rutten) and ‘Cara’ (Blake Caracella) around to work with was really appealing to me.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Questions need to be asked why we havent been able to get some of these ex-players back to the club. Grigg and now Rance.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Questions need to be asked why we havent been able to get some of these ex-players back to the club. Grigg and now Rance.
Wasnt Grigg encouraged to go elsewhere to coach though? I can see some merit in getting fresh perspectives in the door.

Reactions: 7 users