Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Coach? no offence but no.
Alex is a JW. They are more or less competing for "144,000 places in heaven to rule with Christ, to perform priestly duties to bring faithful mankind perfect health and everlasting life".
But apparently most of the 144,000 are already there. So it's a pretty competitive scene to get one of the places.
Alex might be a little distracted to be a coach.
Part of the competition to get a place is signing up as many as you can, so they can compete for a place !?!?
yep....
Rance fell down the pecking order when he went to the bombers I heard…

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Coach? no offence but no.
Alex is a JW. They are more or less competing for "144,000 places in heaven to rule with Christ, to perform priestly duties to bring faithful mankind perfect health and everlasting life".
But apparently most of the 144,000 are already there. So it's a pretty competitive scene to get one of the places.
Alex might be a little distracted to be a coach.
Part of the competition to get a place is signing up as many as you can, so they can compete for a place !?!?
yep....
All of 144,000 places in heaven. Wonder what happens when they run out of places, does the sign go up? *smile* off we're full.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Doesn't surprise me, but I don't like the sound of it. I love Rancey as a player and as the person we see on TV, but I struggle with the JW thing. Its freaksville, a cult. I struggle to reconcile it. Having such a fine example of a person as Rancey legitimises it. And once you're in, a central philosophy, a key requirement, is to spread the word.
Yeah I have no time for JW's either.

An old work mate of mine wife had a visit at their home from a couple of JW's while we were at work. To cut a long story short, she got roped in by them. He was a good bloke, a good husband and father and a good provider. His wife ended up leaving him because he didn't want to join the JW's.

It left him a broken man:mad:

Last edited:
  • Sad

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
All of 144,000 places in heaven. Wonder what happens when they run out of places, does the sign go up? *smile* off we're full.
nah you can't have that, people would just get on it and give up. They would have a set up whereby a more virtuous person or someone whose tally of converts was high could displace a soul who had previously made the grade. Bit like a footy side.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I’ll never, ever forget Rancey’s Herculean effort at ANZ Stadium against Sydney in 2014. A veritable brick wall.
One of the greatest individual games you would ever witness.
And to think he should still be playing and dominating for us.

Reactions: 6 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I’ll never, ever forget Rancey’s Herculean effort at ANZ Stadium against Sydney in 2014. A veritable brick wall.
One of the greatest individual games you would ever witness.
And to think he should still be playing and dominating for us.
Unbelievable game. Massive.
No doubt Swans were pacing themselves as a top 4 side, as we did through 2018-2020, so might have been 1% off.
And we played it as a Grand Final, so the next week we were pancakes.
But he was so good

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
nah you can't have that, people would just get on it and give up. They would have a set up whereby a more virtuous person or someone whose tally of converts was high could displace a soul who had previously made the grade. Bit like a footy side.
There'd be a few on the interchange bench pushing through. Bit unfair though, once your in the elite team serving God, you can't really improve or consolidate your position 'coz you're dead n in heaven. All them others can still roam around sucking up brownie points n push ya out of the team. Wonder where they go once they get pushed out of the team though. Do they get resurrected n have another crack, like coming back from a knee reco. Or is that it, perched on a corner of the bar for eternity regaling all n sundry of how they made the seniors of God's elite for a year or two but got pushed out of the side by some young smart arsed whipper snapper.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
There'd be a few on the interchange bench pushing through. Bit unfair though, once your in the elite team serving God, you can't really improve or consolidate your position 'coz you're dead n in heaven. All them others can still roam around sucking up brownie points n push ya out of the team. Wonder where they go once they get pushed out of the team though. Do they get resurrected n have another crack, like coming back from a knee reco. Or is that it, perched on a corner of the bar for eternity regaling all n sundry of how they made the seniors of God's elite for a year or two but got pushed out of the side by some young smart arsed whipper snapper.
I wonder if JW have the George equivalent that doesn’t get dropped from the team because although he hasn’t recruited anyone he applies recruiting pressure that helps the team and almost recruited a 1000.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I wonder if JW have the George equivalent that doesn’t get dropped from the team because although he hasn’t recruited anyone he applies recruiting pressure that helps the team and almost recruited a 1000.
I reckon any JW with George's speed and agility would be an immortal in their door knocking hall of fame.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I reckon any JW with George's speed and agility would be an immortal in their door knocking hall of fame.
I think George would be hopeless. He'd probably break a window trying to knock on the door, and then when he goes to hand over the two free copies of watchtower, he'd drop them from point blank range, and then knock heads with the owner trying to pick them up.
He would be awesome for anyone who's outside and trying to run in, to pretend no one is at home.

• Haha

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Except that George would miss and another religion would score a recruit from the turnover.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Outstanding Richmond champion.

We have missed him. But we largely covered the loss.

I'm still a fan.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
There’s one with him talking about the 2017 grand final about the crows embarrassing power stance and how we used it against the crows. Can’t bloody find it

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s one with him talking about the 2017 grand final about the crows embarrassing power stance and how we used it against the crows. Can’t bloody find it
It’s the same one, the Howie games one.