Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Nah, Rance back to where he dominates.
Makes even the best forward lines more nervous.

Last edited:

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
2017 - 2018 defence reunites

The most likely change in the line up for round 1

In - Rance

Out - B Ellis

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I was more thinking of the tall blonde bloke who turned up at the Mad Monday celebrations in the red flanny. But, that guy looks knowledgeable too...

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Coming back off a serious knee injury at 30 years of age (into an established Premiership backline) won't be easy, even for Alex Rance.
Fingers crossed for our superstar but there's no guarantees he'll get back to the lofty heights we have seen in previous years.
He has relied on extreme athleticism for much of his career. Just hope his forced time out hasn't reduced his physical abilities.
I'm tapering expectations upon his return.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Coming back off a serious knee injury at 30 years of age (into an established Premiership backline) won't be easy, even for Alex Rance.
Fingers crossed for our superstar but there's no guarantees he'll get back to the lofty heights we have seen in previous years.
He has relied on extreme athleticism for much of his career. Just hope his forced time out hasn't reduced his physical abilities.
I'm tapering expectations upon his return.
Considering that all our back half stepped up a notch in his absence Tross simply needs to be a good player for us instead of a super star n he'll still fit in nicely rather than carrying or over shadowing the rest. Most importantly, everyone, and I do mean everyone knows that when he retires, we'll hardly miss him onfield n things will just keep rolling along as per normal.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Considering that all our back half stepped up a notch in his absence Tross simply needs to be a good player for us instead of a super star n he'll still fit in nicely rather than carrying or over shadowing the rest. Most importantly, everyone, and I do mean everyone knows that when he retires, we'll hardly miss him onfield n things will just keep rolling along as per normal.

I had thought the same thing , Grimes has possibly gone past rance now , in terms of being at the peak of his powers ,

And I think that May be perfect timing for rance , maybe he can take on a lesser role now and the team doesn’t suffer from it .

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
maybe he can take on a lesser role now and the team doesn’t suffer from it .
Got a feeling that's the biggest advantage that we have at the moment.
Our list is so well balanced and there are so many bloody good role players in the team, that we barely notice if a player drops out injured or has a bad game or two. There's virtually always another player or two who steps up a little bit n picks up an extra bit of the load no matter what the circumstances during a game or even during the season for that matter. Just seems to be coverage over and over again no matter what happens during the year.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
I had thought the same thing , Grimes has possibly gone past rance now , in terms of being at the peak of his powers ,

And I think that May be perfect timing for rance , maybe he can take on a lesser role now and the team doesn’t suffer from it .
Grimes has elevated himself this year, had to, now is elite. Rance was in his corner all this year helping him out.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Come the 2020 season what position will Alex play? The 2019 premier backs have it all covered and work as one. I am not saying that Alex is not our all time best defender but he is going to have to work very hard to slot back into out invincibles. That said I can't wait to see him in Y & B again

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We wont be forced next year to always have him in the backline.
Try him in the middle at times as a true ruck rover
Push him onto the wing to play a blivas type roll.
We dont have to watch him get slapped by anyone taller then him hopefully ever again.
Im not as excited as others of his return.
When i hear 'rance' i get flash backs of Cox & Degoey putting him to sleep in the preliminary final.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Perhaps he replaces Broady (who would be stiff), to play as the third tall. Has the same attributes with better skills and one-on-one contests. Astbury gets the monster and Grimesy remains Grimesy.

Spoilt for choice.