Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
We wont be forced next year to always have him in the backline.
Try him in the middle at times as a true ruck rover
Push him onto the wing to play a blivas type roll.
We dont have to watch him get slapped by anyone taller then him hopefully ever again.
Im not as excited as others of his return.
When i hear 'rance' i get flash backs of Cox & Degoey putting him to sleep in the preliminary final.
He killed Cox as soon as he was moved on to him.
Degoey beat him early, but whaddya gonna do? Degoey is an Elite one on one player. So's Rance, but one of them has to win out. It was DeGoey's night.

That whole game was a coaching/match up/selection disaster.

Martin couldn't move and shouldn't have played. Astbury shouldn't have played at all, and Rance should have been on Cox from the beginning. Grimes was the clear and obvious choice for DeGoey from the beginning, but the coaches made a call, and it backfired.

The coaches went for the ring around the rosy with the backline in the second half and we got on top, just way too late.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
Come the 2020 season what position will Alex play? The 2019 premier backs have it all covered and work as one. I am not saying that Alex is not our all time best defender but he is going to have to work very hard to slot back into out invincibles. That said I can't wait to see him in Y & B again
I'm thinking he gets moved to the 'Houli /Short position', running out of the backline.

Reactions: 1 user

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Somewhere in the backline will suit Rance! Makes no differences to the exact position, haven't you guys learned, it's not the position but the role one must play for the team. I hope we win two more premiership in the next four years.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
lol at bringing Rance and Stack into the best and reigning premiership defence.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Somewhere in the backline will suit Rance! Makes no differences to the exact position, haven't you guys learned, it's not the position but the role one must play for the team. I hope we win two more premiership in the next four years.

Spot on!

Reactions: 1 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
In my locality here in WA Eagle tragics line for 2020 is " we have Kelly " but when one replies " Rance will be back " it wipes the smirk off their dial

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He killed Cox as soon as he was moved on to him.
Degoey beat him early, but whaddya gonna do? Degoey is an Elite one on one player. So's Rance, but one of them has to win out. It was DeGoey's night.

That whole game was a coaching/match up/selection disaster.

Martin couldn't move and shouldn't have played. Astbury shouldn't have played at all, and Rance should have been on Cox from the beginning. Grimes was the clear and obvious choice for DeGoey from the beginning, but the coaches made a call, and it backfired.

The coaches went for the ring around the rosy with the backline in the second half and we got on top, just way too late.

True.
But once Degoey out marked rance in the goal square.
Back to back was gone.
Martin and Astbury we're both not 100%.
The funny thing about that game was Collingwood played out of there skins.
But with 12 mintues left we were 21 points down.
Wouldve been intresting to see if lambert marked the ball and got us back to 15.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Come the 2020 season what position will Alex play? The 2019 premier backs have it all covered and work as one. I am not saying that Alex is not our all time best defender but he is going to have to work very hard to slot back into out invincibles. That said I can't wait to see him in Y & B again

Easily a spot back there for Rance ahead of a couple of others as long as he can get back to reasonable form. I can imagine what he could achieve playing on the 3rd or 4th best forward rather than the best. He's obviously past his best, most players are at his age

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Im not as excited as others of his return.
When i hear 'rance' i get flash backs of Cox & Degoey putting him to sleep in the preliminary final.

Whenever I hear the name Rance, I think superstar. Best defender to have ever played the game and mentor to our entire backline.

Whenever I hear the name Zips on the other hand I think #######

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
You’re on the Ball “Don’t Argue “.
Reckon “Zips” would complain.......Even when he’s getting it.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It's just zippers being zippers. He's kinda like having sand in the budgies, can be bloody annoying but it usually means you've had a summers day out at the beach n a little bit of irritation is worthwhile.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's just zippers being zippers. He's kinda like having sand in the budgies, can be bloody annoying but it usually means you've had a summers day out at the beach n a little bit of irritation is worthwhile.

Yes, you have to take zippers with a grain of sand salt. He's just one of PREs great vaudeville acts.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
*With rance we lose by 5 goals in a preliminary
*Without Rance we win by 15 goals in a GF.
Might have spot for him next Carthwaite in the 2’s..:banana