Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Heard from a reasonable source that Alex will be back mid/late Feb. grain of salt of course but the explanation made some sense. Source said there was no friction b/w him and playing group. He didn’t know any sinister reasons but from what he knew it was more the culmination of knee reco, marriage breakdown and being physically knackered. Thus after a decent break he thinks he will be back. Again grain of salt
Heard the same Ghost. Knee didn’t come up as well as thought, will need some further work plus the other issues (separation and physically knackered). Club gave him some time off with a come back when you are ready. Again grain of salt.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Why would he retire and not just take a break?

No sense to me.

he is an all-or-nothing guy.

Thats how he plays and its common for people with his passion to be this way.

jeez I hope there's some truth to this. explains why we kept him on the list.

It shouldn't come as any surprise, that I just backed him to win the 2020 Norm Smith at 1000000-1

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Heard the same Ghost. Knee didn’t come up as well as thought, will need some further work plus the other issues (separation and physically knackered). Club gave him some time off with a come back when you are ready. Again grain of salt.
I dont listen to rumours but I watched him train in the 3 or 4 sessions leading up to his announcement (inc the Tuesday 2 days prior) & there is nothing wrong with his knee, he was going full noise

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I dont listen to rumours but I watched him train in the 3 or 4 sessions leading up to his announcement (inc the Tuesday 2 days prior) & there is nothing wrong with his knee, he was going full noise

That noise may have been his knee.

• Haha

tony_montana

Tiger Rookie
Aug 15, 2018

agree, his knee is fine its the marriage bustup - he retired to show his wife hes putting his faith and her before footy, simple as that.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
To be honest how good would it be if he came back mid season then made another Grand Final in which he dominated and the Tigers won??

The melts would be amazing including the whole AFL Media industry who would have third degree burns from their boiled pisss after they wet themselves in the resultant fits of dismay.

Last edited:
  • Love

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
he is an all-or-nothing guy.

Thats how he plays and its common for people with his passion to be this way.

jeez I hope there's some truth to this. explains why we kept him on the list.

It shouldn't come as any surprise, that I just backed him to win the 2020 Norm Smith at 1000000-1

Ohh, where can I get some of that action?

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
If he returns I want to see him top the white suit-skateboard entrance. I want him Hannibal-style standing with one foot on each of Grant Thomas and Ricky Nixon. Rancealot holding the reins. Triumphant!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Rance is cooked , no players have written support if him (2 maybe) this smells big time .Barrett MUST be on holidays .

I heard he didn't retire at all, it was an imposter. The clue is the grassy knoll just behind Richo interviewing the imposter. I heard it from Elvis Presley and Britney Spears (George Bush's former secret operative) who i happened to run into at the beach while they were watching the Russian Sub return for Harrold Holt's slippers, which they just realised they'd left behind (things happen slowly in the Communist bloc). Apparently Harold was pretty desperate to have them returned to him, via sub to a sectet underground water way directly under Area 51, where a UFO piloted by Harper Lee (who gave Leonard Cohen a head job in return for the script of "To Kill A Mocking Bird"! (Some say Truman Capote really wrote that book, but that's just a crazy conspiracy theory). The UFO willl ferry them to Western Union who will deliver them to the secret (well not anymore) Fremason's base located under the Denvor International Airport, where they are preparing to depopulate the world with chemtrails and leave it for rich Jews who of course were behind the World Trade Centre Terrorist Attacks. Apparently the Fremason's Reptilian skin can't handle the hotter temperatures which apparently are real because the NOAA says so after adjusting the temperatures from the 1930's down 4 times in the last 20 years to make them look coole than today's temperatures. They wanted NASA to help do more adjusting but they were too busy getting prepared to fake another moon landing.

....................... well, anyway - that's what i heard.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
I heard he didn't retire at all, it was an imposter. The clue is the grassy knoll just behind Richo interviewing the imposter. I heard it from Elvis Presley and Britney Spears (George Bush's former secret operative) who i happened to run into at the beach while they were watching the Russian Sub return for Harrold Holt's slippers, which they just realised they'd left behind (things happen slowly in the Communist bloc). Apparently Harold was pretty desperate to have them returned to him, via sub to a sectet underground water way directly under Area 51, where a UFO piloted by Harper Lee (who gave Leonard Cohen a head job in return for the script of "To Kill A Mocking Bird"! (Some say Truman Capote really wrote that book, but that's just a crazy conspiracy theory). The UFO willl ferry them to Western Union who will deliver them to the secret (well not anymore) Fremason's base located under the Denvor International Airport, where they are preparing to depopulate the world with chemtrails and leave it for rich Jews who of course were behind the World Trade Centre Terrorist Attacks. Apparently the Fremason's Reptilian skin can't handle the hotter temperatures which apparently are real because the NOAA says so after adjusting the temperatures from the 1930's down 4 times in the last 20 years to make them look coole than today's temperatures. They wanted NASA to help do more adjusting but they were too busy getting prepared to fake another moon landing.

....................... well, anyway - that's what i heard.

Reckon you should change your name to Mulder

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
from that article, sounds like Dimma is 90% unsupportive of his retirement, which I reckon is generous from a senior coach trying to win flags :D

“He's got a greater purpose in life at this stage and football's second to that and we understand that family and faith are incredibly important to him and we support him 10 per cent.”

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
from that article, sounds like Dimma is 90% unsupportive of his retirement, which I reckon is generous from a senior coach trying to win flags :D

“He's got a greater purpose in life at this stage and football's second to that and we understand that family and faith are incredibly important to him and we support him 10 per cent.”

Ezy your conspiracy theory that Grimesy & Dave have been missing from training this week not from any health concerns but in a covert operation to get Rance back to Tigerland is growing legs;)

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
“Former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas queried why few of Rance’s Richmond teammates opted not to publicly pay tribute to the five-time All-Australian and premiership defender's esteemed career.

But Hardwick defended his playing group on Friday, saying Rance knew how much he was still appreciated by the club.

“Our players have got a much different mindset to that. We don't necessarily have to be forefront in the social media game. Our guys are really heavily connected via actual human connection … so phone calls, conversations,” Hardwick said.

“I know we probably copped a little bit of flack with regard to that (lack of social media support for Rance), but that's not how our club operates. We tend to leave the phones at home and phones where they are. The more we hug, we love – all that sort of stuff is very much a part of us.”

But a learned poster here said no one talks to each other or calls anymore, they use social media.....

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ezy your conspiracy theory that Grimesy & Dave have been missing from training this week not from any health concerns but in a covert operation to get Rance back to Tigerland is growing legs;)

it wasn't a conspiracy theory, I saw the club ute at The Kingdom Hall in Glen Iris and Down the Line and the Smiling Assassin laughing and eating sausage rolls.

there were 5 all Australian blazers in dry cleaner plastic in the back

Sure, its slightly circumstantial, but thats just Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Ever heard Bachar publicly pray for Jason Castagne to kick straight?

NO. He doesn't want The Prophet Muhammed to appear less than omnipotent.

He only goes public with the prayers that he knows are gonna be answered.

Exhibit C

Dimma says hes 90% unsupportive of Alex in retirement. Rancey is famously eager to please.

Its a done deal. He'll run out round 2 against the pies.

praise be to Allah.

were do I buy a Koran?

Last edited:
  • Haha