Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Every time I see a new posting on this thread a part of me excitedly goes ......He's Back!!!!

Sadly, not yet but still hoping.:(

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
“Former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas queried why few of Rance’s Richmond teammates opted not to publicly pay tribute to the five-time All-Australian and premiership defender's esteemed career.

But Hardwick defended his playing group on Friday, saying Rance knew how much he was still appreciated by the club.

“Our players have got a much different mindset to that. We don't necessarily have to be forefront in the social media game. Our guys are really heavily connected via actual human connection … so phone calls, conversations,” Hardwick said.

“I know we probably copped a little bit of flack with regard to that (lack of social media support for Rance), but that's not how our club operates. We tend to leave the phones at home and phones where they are. The more we hug, we love – all that sort of stuff is very much a part of us.”

But a learned poster here said no one talks to each other or calls anymore, they use social media.....

Cornflakes is a knob.
When those Collingwood *smile* picks were being sent around about Swan and Cloke. Old Cornflakes was calling players idiots for being on social media, no good comes from it.
Now he’s trolling thrust social media for any juicy gossip stories.
Guy is a tool.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ezy your conspiracy theory that Grimesy & Dave have been missing from training this week not from any health concerns but in a covert operation to get Rance back to Tigerland is growing legs;)
Bash is also praying.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Apart from anything else the salient point from Dimma’s presser was the slap at the weak keyboard warriors who perpetuated rumours that had no foundation in truth.
It’s a lesson for all of us because these things can be so destructive to individuals. After all that Higgo went through in 2019 he and his partner had to deal with that garbage as well.
I get the reason for the rumours board but really it should be about footy related rumours, not personal stuff that can be so hurtful when it’s not true.
Some of the stuff I read about Alex and others on twitter and Instagram was truly disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Bash is also praying.

Nice idea but way too convoluted.
Think about it - Bachar calls on Allah who ultimately has to talk to Jehovah but that's surely easier said than done (only have to remember Trump meeting Kim Jong Un).
It'll take ages and many god knows how many preliminary meetings between delegations of martyrs and witnesses to even set up the major conference.
And even assuming they agree - Jehovah has to convey the decision back to Rancey.
Season could be over by then.

Better if Bachar just ear bashes Alex directly and immediately.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I heard a rumour is starting up
AAC.......

Apple Cart Company

Wouldnt that be ACC?

AAC stands for your form of communication

Description
Augmentative and alternative communication encompasses the communication methods used to supplement or replace speech or writing for those with impairments in the production or comprehension of spoken or written language.Wikipedia

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mark Zanotti

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2013
At the Koran shop on Sydney road. Excellent selection of Korans.

it wasn't a conspiracy theory, I saw the club ute at The Kingdom Hall in Glen Iris and Down the Line and the Smiling Assassin laughing and eating sausage rolls.

there were 5 all Australian blazers in dry cleaner plastic in the back

Sure, its slightly circumstantial, but thats just Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Ever heard Bachar publicly pray for Jason Castagne to kick straight?

NO. He doesn't want The Prophet Muhammed to appear less than omnipotent.

He only goes public with the prayers that he knows are gonna be answered.

Exhibit C

Dimma says hes 90% unsupportive of Alex in retirement. Rancey is famously eager to please.

Its a done deal. He'll run out round 2 against the pies.

praise be to Allah.

were do I buy a Koran?

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Wouldnt that be ACC?

AAC stands for your form of communication

Description
Augmentative and alternative communication encompasses the communication methods used to supplement or replace speech or writing for those with impairments in the production or comprehension of spoken or written language.Wikipedia

yeah!!! :banana

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Just had a couple of Rancey's mates knock on the door. I usually politely decline their overtures but, on this occasion, decided to ask them when they think the big man will return to save us. They got excited and started talking about God and Satan when I interrupted them and said, sorry you misunderstood me, I was asking when Alex Rance was returning to Punt Road. They looked at me weirdly and must have assumed I was on drugs and politely thanked me for my time. Not sure whether they didn't know Rance because JWs arent allowed to follow footy or its just QLD JWs who, like most Qlders wouldn't even know Rance.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tom Browne at his best on MMM re Rance:

"My whisper yesterday is that Richmond remain very, very cautiously optimistic, or at least a chance, that Alex Rance could at some stage during the season change his mind," Browne said.

So just to re-cap. Richmond remain OPTIMISTIC of a CHANCE that Rance COULD change his mind AT SOME STAGE.

Give that man a Pulitzer now!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Tom Browne at his best on MMM re Rance:

"My whisper yesterday is that Richmond remain very, very cautiously optimistic, or at least a chance, that Alex Rance could at some stage during the season change his mind," Browne said.

So just to re-cap. Richmond remain OPTIMISTIC of a CHANCE that Rance COULD change his mind AT SOME STAGE.

Give that man a Pulitzer now!

Another breaking news story!
Where does he get his info?