Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Tom Browne at his best on MMM re Rance:

"My whisper yesterday is that Richmond remain very, very cautiously optimistic, or at least a chance, that Alex Rance could at some stage during the season change his mind," Browne said.

So just to re-cap. Richmond remain OPTIMISTIC of a CHANCE that Rance COULD change his mind AT SOME STAGE.

Give that man a Pulitzer now!

I was looking for a 60s fender bass at cash converters. saw a few wakeleys in the awards shelf.
Nothing over $1

Reactions: 1 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

"My whisper yesterday is that Richmond remain very, very cautiously optimistic, or at least a chance, that Alex Rance could at some stage during the season change his mind," Browne said.

So just to re-cap. Richmond remain OPTIMISTIC of a CHANCE that Rance COULD change his mind AT SOME STAGE.

so what he is telling us with this journalistic scoop is that he thinks that Rance may or may not play this season?

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I was looking for a 60s fender bass at cash converters. saw a few wakeleys in the awards shelf.
Nothing over $1

mid you find a 60’s P bass at cash converters it’s definitely stolen!

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

So he said we are a 1 in 1000 chance of getting him back.
"So will have a chance"....Lloyd Christmas

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
A couple of JWs knocked on our door yesterday morning.
This is Denmark so they would have had no idea but I was tempted to tell them to google "Alex Rance" and that I support his club, and to see what I would think of them.
But naah, as soon as they mentioned the word "God" I politely sent them on their way.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
A couple of JWs knocked on our door yesterday morning.
This is Denmark so they would have had no idea but I was tempted to tell them to google "Alex Rance" and that I support his club, and to see what I would think of them.
But naah, as soon as they mentioned the word "God" I politely sent them on their way.

Love to go to Denmark and see the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe.

• Haha

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Rance return ‘less likely’: Balme
Jack Hudson
Herald Sun
January 28, 2020

Richmond general manager of football Neil Balme said any chance of Alex Rance going back on his retirement is getting “less likely”.
Speaking to SEN 1629 Breakfast, Balme said the initial decision was ‘unexpected’.

“It was not so much a shock, but it was a bit unexpected,” he said.

“We thought we’d got to the point where he was able to cope with the things he wanted to do and still play footy.

“But he decided that he wasn’t.

“You can’t talk someone out of that.

“We have to respect what he thinks.

“We’re still in the back of our mind hoping he might think about coming back, but that’s getting less likely I think.

“He’s such a strong-minded kid that he doesn’t tell you things for the fun of it.”

Rance played his 200th game in round one of 2019 and tore his ACL, and was expected to make a big return in 2020 to help the Tigers with their premiership defence.

Balme added it’s something the club has to cope with.

“So we have to accept the fact that maybe it is the end for him,” he said.

“It’ll be disappointing because he’s such a wonderful player.

“But in the end as a club, you’ve just got to cope with it if it’s something the individual wants to do.”

Rance finished his career as a five-time All-Australian, a one-time Tigers best and fairest and a premiership player.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...y/news-story/c0b4699172258aaa9926cde5da57504b (paywalled)

• Sad

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Personally i give it to the bye, if no interest by then it won't happen.
think Balmey is trying to shut it down to take the media attention away but they'll keep it going.

Reactions: 2 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
In an era of 1 AFL journalist to every 4 players, Im surprised they have not hounded Alex (and rightfully so) to make a comment on all the speculation. No photos, no stalking, no paparazzi harassment - an that in itself is unusual in all of this too!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
In an era of 1 AFL journalist to every 4 players, Im surprised they have not hounded Alex (and rightfully so) to make a comment on all the speculation. No photos, no stalking, no paparazzi harassment - an that in itself is unusual in all of this too!

He's retired. No longer part of the AFL Circus. What right do the media have to be hounding him? What right does anyone have to dig, intrude and make public someone's life when they are going through a marriage breakdown. FFS, he's a footy player, not our PM.