Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We are in the window to win back to back and 3 in 4 years. The time to strike is now and Rance could be the difference, which makes it so disappointing.

A year out of the game, 30 years old I am not sure he would have been as significant player as in the past. The half glass full way to look at it is Grimes stepped up to the plate performing a similar role in his absence.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
We are in the window to win back to back and 3 in 4 years. The time to strike is now and Rance could be the difference, which makes it so disappointing.

Still sinking in.
As is the sinking feeling in my guts when I think of footy without him.
A club great has walked away. Going to take time to digest

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
A year out of the game, 30 years old I am not sure he would have been as significant player as in the past. The half glass full way to look at it is Grimes stepped up to the plate performing a similar role in his absence.
Rance roaming the backline without a man mopping and intercepting everything alongside stackman busting dance moves, would put my house on winning the flag.

Reactions: 3 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018

I can understand people making excuses to help ease the pain but we have to stop lying to ourselves. Rance was in his prime and half fit would beat most teams key forwards.
We need to remember that we didn’t face Hawkins in the preliminary final which allowed us flexibility. He could have caused us problems as we would have been a tall defender short. Just saying

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
I remember when Buckley had hammy problems he adjusted his preseason training to include walking through the suburbs for several hours at a time. I wonder if he was delivering pamphlets too.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
They keep records of how many houses everyone has been to. Rance has a chance to make it to the top of the list now.

He’ll become the world’s best JW.

All religions have a kindness culture, but it’s hard to imagine he’ll find a connection with them like he has with his teammates. Maybe he will, but it’s not easy to build a truly deep connection with a group of people.

Our best hope is he earns their respect but ultimately misses what he had at Richmond.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I can understand people making excuses to help ease the pain but we have to stop lying to ourselves. Rance was in his prime and half fit would beat most teams key forwards.

We're learnt the hard way in the 2018 prelim that half fit just doesn't cut it anymore in the AFL.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
They keep records of how many houses everyone has been to. Rance has a chance to make it to the top of the list now.

All religions have a kindness culture, but it’s hard to imagine he’ll find a connection with them like he has with his teammates. Maybe he will, but it’s not easy to build a truly deep connection with a group of people.

Our best hope is he earns their respect but ultimately misses what he had at Richmond.

So if our 100000 members all gave the OK that Alex can knock on their door, on the priviso that Alex plays football for Richmond for the next 4 years, at 25,000 door knocks per year - then Alex would surely bust every door knocking record for the JW.

• Haha

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane

Do they measure effective v ineffective door knocks?

If it's anything like Alex's footy career, he will have plenty of ineffective door knocks early but in 10 years time, he won't even have to knock, the doors will just open for him

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So if our 100000 members all gave the OK that Alex can knock on their door, on the priviso that Alex plays football for Richmond for the next 4 years, at 25,000 door knocks per year - then Alex would surely bust every door knocking record for the JW.

We could also offer $1 a household as a donation to the church Get Rance Back fund.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
We need to remember that we didn’t face Hawkins in the preliminary final which allowed us flexibility. He could have caused us problems as we would have been a tall defender short. Just saying

Excuses? Yes was in his prime but a year out after a knee reconstruction and 30 years old is a completely different story. No player comes back from a reconstruction the same player from Day 1. There are psychological issues to overcome and confidence to build. Rance wasn't available to play in the prelim final last year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Rance roaming the backline without a man mopping and intercepting everything alongside stackman busting dance moves, would put my house on winning the flag.

I love the ideology. I reckon the reality would have been quite different. Rance still top 22 no doubt about it. Big loss for sure but based on where he was coming back from and his age I couldn't have seen him being near his past peak performance.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Two other Melbourne based clubs in regular contact with Rance about a 2021 comeback.

• Wow
  • Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
There's still somethig NQR about the whole thing.

At first I thought Rance had red lined his rehab to try and get back for the GF after which he wouldve retired anyway if we won.

Then he hit the start of pre season, and said he wasnt really feeling it after doing all sessions leading ton the break.

Is there still a chance it was that clear cut all along.

Just throwing it out there.........................

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Two other Melbourne based clubs in regular contact with Rance about a 2021 comeback.
Over thirty n two years out of the game,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, geez, you'd have to be desperate.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Norf (Cashed up and needing another KPD), or Druggies (Rutten and Blake connection) ????

LOL @ #essendrugs ..........the club that knocked back 2 first round picks for a crocked Joe Daniher who wanted out :mhihi:mhihi

Last edited: