Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So I heard he has to work with the church for 6 months, tax free.
After this time he's free to earn an income again....
Sorry, I don’t understand this.

what do you mean “work for the church for 6 months TAX free”? But then he can earn an income after that? Doesn’t make sense.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sorry, I don’t understand this.

what do you mean “work for the church for 6 months TAX free”? But then he can earn an income after that? Doesn’t make sense.
Same. Work without pay maybe?

TV Josh

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2005
Melbourne, VIC
Re: working for the church, the FeralScum has a clickbait story behind the paywall about him doing something literally "world's away" from the RFC.
Im not giving that ahole Rupert Murdoch my cash, so, it's a mystery.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Re: working for the church, the FeralScum has a clickbait story behind the paywall about him doing something literally "world's away" from the RFC.
Im not giving that ahole Rupert Murdoch my cash, so, it's a mystery.
That story is about Alex conducting a tour to Nepal in November.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That story is about Alex conducting a tour to Nepal in November.
Doesn’t sound like a guy who is considering ever coming back. Also it seems some sort of financial arrangement has been agreed.
The positive of course is that this significantly opens up our salary cap.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Rance actually made himself unavailable for the Preliminary due to the complex risks associated. If he broke down, how it would effect team mates etc. Not because he wasn’t fit and ready to go. More about risk management.
I was referring more to those intimating that Grimes is adequate coverage and because we won a G.F without him, he’s surplus to our needs.
No one says he’d get back to his best from day 1 but you are talking about an exceptional athlete. Exceptional.
Strongest on the track, strongest in the gym. Huge loss. Those pretending otherwise can fool themselves.

so I don’t cry every night, I soothe myself with three points.

he’s 30,
knee reco
Won a flag without him

but I really want him back

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I know how you feel.
I caught some of his breath in a bottle.
Now and again I like to open the bottle smell it

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The biggest loss the club might feel may well be not actually having Trossman around at all as he was there with the boys last year driving them.

No doubt one of the most important members of the playing group in regard to moral and club culture over his career.

Really like this post craigo.

I reckon Rancey had a big part to play in our premiership(s) last year.
Mentored Grimesy & the rest of the backline. Mentored the VFL boys too..
Attacked his rehab like a man possessed in the quest to return despite the long odds. That would have rubbed off on all his team mates, driving them harder. Knowing he was coming..
Inspirational.
Knew when to abandon his quest so as it wouldn't be a distraction to his team mates at the pointy end.
Through out all of it kept a sunny disposition.
Right until the point after the Grand Final Siren when he knew his chance of a flag (possibly his last opportunity) had been taken from him & he broke down emotionally. Who could blame him for that?
His team mates awarded him the Francis Bourke Award & he played half a game.. Says it all.

I have nothing but the upmost respect & gratitude for one of Richmond's greatest ever players & wish him every success in his life post football.
Yes things move on pretty quickly in footy but some losses are felt more than others. Alex Rance left a mark, an indelible legacy on our club.
Above it all I just loved watching him play. The ultimate attacking defender.
I'll surely miss him. Viva la Trossman.

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Read in today's HS of Rance's new business venture leading a trek through Nepal, to promote personal development and leadership skills. At first glance, i thought well there goes any chance of a return, but then towards the end of it i read that it's planned in November, which gives me some hope that he's picked a date - pretty much the only date that would suit if indeed he did make a comeback.

In reality it might be that he's picked that date as it's the best time weather wise. If that is he case, please nobody confirm that, as i still live with some hope of the great man's return.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It's the hope that kills you Frickenel.

I don't expect him back so I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Alec aint no mug . Plenty smart in sport , life style & making a quid. Alec at 30 did his knee requiring full reconstruction first game 2019. Alec has decided he cannot do the hard yards anymore so that is it. Good bye Alec & for those who have witnessed his deeds for the The Tiger Army thank God you played us the Tiger Faithful.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
We managed to win the flag without Rance, but players like that are irreplaceable. Not many could play as well as him but he had to go sometime and there were always questions relating to his religion and whether it would influence when he retired.

Such is life, would love him back but we have to move on and plan for the season without Rance. I doubt he will be back but we live in hope. The decision to leave him on the list is wise, if not for the chance of a comeback, then to make sure no other club can recruit him.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Seems like this call (even though its in November) puts a line through Rance making a comeback in 2020. So be it, I just hope he is not in opposition colours come Round 1 2021.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
We managed to win the flag without Rance, but players like that are irreplaceable. Not many could play as well as him but he had to go sometime and there were always questions relating to his religion and whether it would influence when he retired.

Such is life, would love him back but we have to move on and plan for the season without Rance. I doubt he will be back but we live in hope. The decision to leave him on the list is wise, if not for the chance of a comeback, then to make sure no other club can recruit him.

DS

So Rance is irreplaceable and yet we still won the flag without him? Raises the question then of how far out in front we would have been had he played.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
As craig and tooheys alluded to. He wasn't in the squad but he was very much part of the team in 2019

Reactions: 1 user