Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The 'Flying Doormat' was a freakish footballer.
A dam tough and fine footballer.
Loved watching his duels with Royce Hart.
Should be in Carlton's Team of the Century ... and if he's not then that's just crazy.
Doull would have to be in the Carlton Team of the Century surely.

He's one of the first that comes to mind.

The Dominator, Kernahan, SOS, Bradley and Big Nick are the others that I immediately think of, maybe Soapy Valence.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Having walked past a print of the team of then century painting many times over a few years, I can tell you Bruce Doull is sitting on the massage table front right, in a very prominent spot.
He's the first name that comes to mind if someone asked me to name one member of the CFC team of the century.

Nicholls would be the next.

The Flying Doormat was a great player. No Frills no fuss.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I mean I really don't know. I don't know if there was any falling-out or not. Seems not given the team reactions to him on social media and all that.
fence-sitter. Why not have an ill-formed and strident opinion to share? Seems a waste of a post otherwise

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
whats your view on Dusty's attitude at the moment? I heard he has stayed on the Gold Coast rather than return to the team in Melbourne.
Cornes: “Things aren’t what they seem at Richmond, it looks like their much vaunted connection is on the wane. Dustin Martin has decided to turn his back in his team mates as they valiantly try and make 8 just to spend time in the sun as he cavorts with bikini clad girls and enjoys some serious nightlife.”

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
whats your view on Dusty's attitude at the moment? I heard he has stayed on the Gold Coast rather than return to the team in Melbourne.
If i was on the Goldie right now and didn't have any reason to be in Melbourne I sure as hell wouldn't be either.

And I'm not the biggest lover of the Goldie but time and place and all that.

Last edited:

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Who in their right mind would want to come to cold, lock down Melbourne.
Call it what you like, but Victoria is still in a state of lock down.
And, it is cold and wet in Victoria, whereas Qld is warm and sunny.
Stay there Dusty until you feel better.

Reactions: 3 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

what I'm hearing is he might stay there a while or might come back to Melbourne soon. I can appreciate both sides of the argument on this.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
what I'm hearing is he might stay there a while or might come back to Melbourne soon. I can appreciate both sides of the argument on this.
No wonder you’re angry with the amount of splinters you’d have in your ass.

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Cornes: “Things aren’t what they seem at Richmond, it looks like their much vaunted connection is on the wane. Dustin Martin has decided to turn his back in his team mates as they valiantly try and make 8 just to spend time in the sun as he cavorts with bikini clad girls and enjoys some serious nightlife.”
Did that Peanut actually say this? On SEN today or what/when? What can he be referring to whatsoever? Any evidence at all?

What I am hearing on a medical grapevine although nothing official, is that DM's kidney injury is worse than initially reported. Is it lacerated or ruptured? I'm not the medico and not sure if there is a difference or what it is if so. Googling has not clarified it. But I'm hearing ruptured. It all figures ... on the available evidence such as extended hospital stay, still in a heap of pain. etc.

However, really not sure what Cornknob is on about? Sounds quite scurrilous if speculating without any grounds, for a guy with a serious injury.

Last edited:
  • Haha

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Did that Peanut actually say this? On SEN today or what/when? What can he be referring to whatsoever? Any evidence at all?

What I am hearing on a medical grapevine although nothing official, is that DM's kidney injury is worse than initially reported. Is it lacerated or ruptured? I'm not the medico and not sure if there is a difference or what it is if so. Googling has not clarified it. But I'm hearing ruptured. It all figures ... on the available evidence such as extended hospital stay, still in a heap of pain. etc.

However, really not sure what Cornknob is on about? Sounds quite scurrilous if speculating without any grounds, for a guy with a serious injury.
I think Tim is taking the p1ss, Leon.