All Stars continue Carlscums woes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

All Stars continue Carlscums woes

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Just checked the score at 3/4 time and Carlscum is 59 points down ;D

Krakouer has played well and kicked a couple of goals from what I saw before half time. :)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
All Stars win by around 12 goals ;D

Dont know how many Krak kicked, but if anyone watched the 2nd half can you let us know how many he kicked all up and how his 2nd half was.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
That would be right .....the afl site offers a live audio feed for non subscribers and i logged on 2 late to listen :p
Looks like the all stars gave the blues a football lesson with the final scores .

A.S 19.16 130 ......cracker with 3 goals
Blues 8.9 57

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
All Stars win by around 12 goals  ;D

Dont know how many Krak kicked, but if anyone watched the 2nd half can you let us know how many he kicked all up and how his 2nd half was.
krak ended up kicking 3 and being the sides leading goal kicker.he had a run in the middle and i must say he did a few good things like getting in and under.food for thought danny?

A

admin

It was great to see Krak have a good run in the midfield.
That was a pretty crack (no pun intended ;D) team to play in and should do his confidence the world of good that they had faith to play him there.

After one passage of play when he showed really good ball control the commentators mentioned his superb skills. They mentioned him a few times as being amongst the best, but he scored points in that dept for his leading goal tally too.

I can only remember two of his goals. One he kicked on the run from just inside the 50 on about a 45% angle. Very nice kind of goal we rarely score in recent times.
The other he put himself in a good position in the goal square and grabbed it and put it through. Showed a good instinct for the game imo.

I really enjoyed watching the game, and will watch it again when it's repeated as it's sure to be a few times.
Those aboriginal guys play exciting football and really look like they enjoy it.

In Carlton's defense they probably experimented a bit when it was obvious they'd be flogged anyway, but that aside they looked a rabble. (Hehe ;D)

A

admin

Report of game from RealFooty
http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/02/09/1044579991277.html

GOALS: ALL-STARS: Krakouer 3, Davis 2, Williams 2, White 2, McLeod 2, Cole, Headland, Sampi, Goode, Cook, A McGrath, C McGrath, R Clarke. CARLTON: Ratten, Whitnall, Hickmott, Lappin, Hulme, Plunkett, McCormick, Davies.
BEST: ALL-STARS: Headland, Cook, Davis, McLeod, White, Goodes, Krakouer, D Motlop, Bateman. CARLTON: Hulme, Whitnall, Beaumont, McCormick, Houlihan, Hickmott

InTheOuter

Waaasssaaaapp
Feb 3, 2003
Northcote
Hello every-one ( 1st timer )
Watched the game on Foxtel and found myself just lookin for our boy as you do. He was running all night and it was good to see him reading the game and poping up in the clear all over the park.
Had my doubts about him being big enuff to hold a fulltime position in our 1st, but if he moves all year the way he did last night it will take an exceptional fit individual to keep a tag on him.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Kracker has had a big pre season. Probably lost a kilo or too. Saw him standing next to Pee on Leon. Davis looks like a heavy weight compared to him. I cannot see Kracker being any good until he puts on a bit of beef. It really makes me wonder what dud is running the strength training at that club.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Totally agreee with you about the strength training at the club Diggler. Other skinny boys from other clubs seem to only take two years to bulk-up, and im not talking Hormone Hawks here.
But give me Andy Krakouer over Leon 'egg basket' Davis any day!!

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
It was great to see Krak have a good run in the midfield.  

I really enjoyed watching the game, and will watch it again when it's repeated as it's sure to be a few times.

I think they are up to repeat number 4 on Foxtel ;)

And I was rapt to see Krak have arun in the mid-field. His reading of the play was exceptional. And I agree with the (awful) commentators he will come back to Melbourne with a bit of extra confidence.

I reckon a few short burst in the mid-field during the course of the years could have its advantages

A

admin

Hello every-one ( 1st timer )
Hello and welcome. :)

I think they are up to repeat number 4  on Foxtel ;)
Guess it was a bit silly of me to tape it last night so I could watch it again, ha.
I bet we see it a few more times yet before the season starts.
I only watched to see how Krak went and to see if Marty got a run, but I actually really enjoyed the game.
Was a bit overdue for a fix of live footy. ;D

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
 only watched to see how Krak went and to see if Marty got a run, but I actually really enjoyed the game.
Was a bit overdue for a fix of live footy. ;D

Agree with you there. I always enjoy the Aboriginal players - their skills are unbelievbale at times

A

admin

Kracker has had a big pre season. Probably lost a kilo or too.
We commented that Krak looked to have filled out actually.
It was a pretty ordinary picture though....made them all look short and dumpy.

GhostofJimmyJess

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
Haven't dropped in for a while ... must be getting close to the real stuff again ... only to be greeted by a pic of the remarkable David Brent on Diggler's post.

Having just enjoyed 12 weeks of "The Office" on UKTV over the off-season, Digs, my man, I have garnered new-found respect for your choice of potential coaches at Tigerland.

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Spoke to someone at Carlton today - apparently the boys came home absolutely rooted - hehehehe

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
Spoke to someone at Carlton today - apparently the boys came home absolutely rooted - hehehehe

I think that's the least of their problems - most of 'em didn't seem interested a bit like myself actually ;)

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Totally agreee with you about the strength training at the club Diggler. Other skinny boys from other clubs seem to only take two years to bulk-up,

TD (and diggler) made the point about Krakour being really small and said our fitness guys must be doing something wrong.

Its interesting to compare Krakours stats to other players of his position/bodytype/age (small forward/occasional midfielder).
Krakour (us) 177cm/71kg bmi 22.7 - 20yo (b/day last week)
Power (brisbane) 179cm/75kg bmi 23.4 - 22yo
Doughty (crows) 179cm/76kg bmi 23.7 - 23yo
Lappin (blues) 181cm/76kg bmi 23.2 - 26yo
Davis (pies) 178cm/75kg bmi 23.6 - 21yo
Ramanauskas (dons) 186/80 bmi 24.1 22yo
Milne (saints) 175cm/75kg bmi 24.2 22 yo
Fosdike (swannies) 178cm/80kg bmi 25 22yo

Averages (not including krakour) bmi 23.8/22yo

Weight for Krakouer to gain by 2005 - 4kg.

The point is that Krakour isnt particularly thin for his age, he's just very young. If you look at players like Lappin, Power, Ramanuskas etc none made any impact on the seniors until they were 20/21.

The idea that somehow opposition teams manage to take skinny small forwards and turn them into iron men simply isnt right, its just that we are so starved of success we're hoping every recruit will bring us a flag and bag them if they arent regulars by 19 yo.

A

admin

How recent are those stats PMac? I didn't think Krak looked that skinny at all, and I'm sure I read somewhere recently where the club mentioned he has put on 2-3 kg over the pre season.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
The argument in my opinion is really a litte irrelevant as there aren't to many aboriginal tank, maybe apart from Byron PICKET, running around.

I have played a lot of footy with some aboriginals over the years and it is their fleet footedness and speed combined with than sixth sense Denis PAGAN was talking about that makes up for body mass.

I don't remember Phil or Jimmy being particularly big in their day either, but that never seemed to stop them.

Maybe the young fella might need a bit of wieght if he is to become a full time midfielder but as a crumbing forward I think his skill and anticipation will make up for body weight alone.

Interesting stats PMac

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
Rosy,
The stats are off the various official sites so are almost certainly 12 months out of date (and contain the odd bit of poetic licence I'd assume) but I was thinking that all the sites are out of date about the same amount and probably use the same amount of dodgy numbers so the numbers are still useful for comparitive purposes.

GT. I agree, few Aboriginal players become really big (we'll ignore Polly Farmer for a second) but even so its instructive to see the differences in body mass are really quite small.