Amazing stuff in the cricket. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Amazing stuff in the cricket.

A

admin

Chaminda Vaas got a hat trick with the 1st 3 balls of the match against Bangladesh. Then a 4 was hit, a wide, another wicket and a dot ball.
An amazing opening over.

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Talking of cricket Rosy, is N Jewell our young Nick Jewell playing for the Vics.

I backed the Vics against WA last night - which they lost :-(((( - but saw "N Jewell" opening the batting.

If it is Nick - and i reckon it'd have to be - it is fantastic for him seeing his footy career didn't take off like he would have hoped to still be able to play first-class sport.

Must be a pretty good athlete hey.

A

admin

Yeah that's our Nick froars. he opens the batting for the Bushrangers in the ING cup..not sure about the Pura cup.
He was playing in England too.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Nick was interviewed on 3AW. He has played only 4 Pura Cup games. Mainly gets pick for Victoria in one-day games.

Speaking of the cricket, what an awesome bowling performance by Brett Lee and especially Jason Gillespie tonight. That disguised slow ball the got tendulkar lbw was unreal. The Lee one that almost took one of the indian's helmuts off wasn't far behind either. Swinging a new ball bowling at almost 100 miles/hr...:eek:. Scarey stuff if you're a batsman.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Kenya -v- Canada game on Foxtel was quite an eye opener too ;D

Probably for all the wrong reasons ;D ;)

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Speaking of amazing stuff in the cricket, I reckon we've seen probably two fo the best catches ever seen in the last two days. The West Indian guy on the boundary at full stretch, running backwards, takes a one hander and Brett Lee's reflex :eek: catch off his own bowling from that Zimbabwe lower-order batsman who was smashing virtually every ball either to or over the fence..

A

admin

I cleaned up on a couple of bets last night.
How could the knockers think that if a game needed a special effort from Michael Bevan that he wouldn't produce to save the day.
Onya Bevo, yet another great innings.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

Should say well done to Andy Bichel too.....top effort..

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
The face on Nasser Hussien, after Bichel hit a 6 and 4 in a row to virtually seal the game, was priceless. Along the lines of "Oh no..not again!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SPONSOR A POM

Bob is 28 years old and lives in England, one of the world's poorest sporting countries. This once proud nation has fallen to un-imaginable lows.

There are hundreds of thousands of people like Bob waiting to support an England team that will win.

If you want to help improve the life of a person like Bob, become an England Supporter Sponsor. As an England Supporter Sponsor, you will receive a photo and details of the poor unfortunate England supporter you are sponsoring.

If you wish, you can write to your sponsored Supporter - your letters, postcards, jerseys, and sporting stories will be treasured by them. You will receive a reply so you can see the many ways in which your contributions are making a difference.

When you sponsor an England Supporter, the effects of your kindness spread across the whole community. You will help to provide some of life's essentials -- such as a decent cricket team.

This is your opportunity to make a difference in the world, please don't ignore the plight of the England Supporters.

A

admin

The face on Nasser Hussien, after Bichel hit a 6 and 4 in a row to virtually seal the game, was priceless. Along the lines of "Oh no..not again!"
It was magic.....like letting the opposition thinking they have it in the bag in footy then beating them by a point.
Losing to the Poms would be like losing to Collingwood. Something a proud person should never have to suffer, ha. ;D
Go Aussies, who needs sleep anyway.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
MT - Me needs some sleep.......no less than 3 times did I turn off the TV when I thought we were cooked, but there was something in Bevo's demeanor that kept me glued to the TV. And for the fact he did exactly the same thing against Sth Africa at the MCG last summer....

What a superstar

He knew what had to be done, and never moved off that pre determined game plan. Even though there was a few BORING parts when I was convinced he was trying to put the Englanders in the field and in the stands to sleep, but what a great innings.

And Bichel's massive six reminded me of Robert Redford in "The Natural", when he smacked the match winning home run into the light tower and kaboom ;D

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
MT - Me needs some sleep.......no less than 3 times did I turn off the TV when I thought we were cooked, but there was something in Bevo's demeanor that kept me glued to the TV.

Had exactly the same feeling watching it. It was captivating and I just couldn't go to bed. When it got to around 40 runs required and the way Bevan and Bichel were batting plus silly Hussien putting on England's pace bowlers when it was the slow bowlers/spinners who were unplayable on that pitch, made me think we could still win. I'll hit the pillow tonight :p.

And Bichel's massive six reminded me of Robert Redford in "The Natural", when he smacked the match winning home run into the light tower and kaboom ;D

Thought of same moment from that movie as well. Great minds think alike RR ;D.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
A Unique Opportunity for Cricket Fans
------------------------------------------------------------------

A unique opportunity has arisen to purchase a number of rare and limited edition items of memorabilia from the ICC World Cup.

There will only be 500 of these souvenir framed prints released worldwide so get in quick.

The picture captures Mark Boucher in a splendid forward defensive stroke and Lance Klusener happily leaning on his bat at the non-strikers end as the last ball of the 45th over of South Africa's innings is bowled.

It captures perfectly the moment when the South African management had a brain melt and assured the batsmen that 229 was enough for victory, when in fact they needed 230 to advance to the Super Six.

The picture is entitled "Not a-f*cking-gain" and will sell at $1000 + p & p.

For an extra $500 you can also purchase "Oh f*ck!", the limited edition picture from the 1999 World Cup capturing the sheer confusion of the moment when Allan Donald had a brain melt and forgot how to run.

Why not buy the boxed set of "South African Cricket - Why we have never won the f*cking World Cup" which includes the previously unreleased "You've got to be f*cking joking!", a picture which captures the looks on the faces of the South African batsmen after the big screen flashed up the revised target they were chasing for victory against England in the 1992 World Cup Semi Final: 22 runs off 1 ball.

This opportunity to re-live the defining moments in South African Cricket history is very limited so hurry while stocks last.

H

hackes3

Nothing could be as amazing as Kenya making the WC semi-finals, surely?

Still can't believe I'm saying that.

Still, Kenya beat Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, took the points when NZ forfeited their Nairobi match, and scared the living daylights out of their semi-final opponent India. So they have the results to show that they deserve to be there.

mightytiges

Dec 16, 2002
Nothing could be as amazing as Kenya making the WC semi-finals, surely?

Still can't believe I'm saying that.

Still, Kenya beat Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe, took the points when NZ forfeited their Nairobi match, and scared the living daylights out of their semi-final opponent India. So they have the results to show that they deserve to be there.

Plus Kenya got 2 pts for the washed-out game against the Windies. But as you've said hackes they've played by the rules and so deserve to be where they are now.
They get to play India again in the semi final. It would be hilarious if they beat India. As the semis are played on probably the two worst pitches (Port Elizabeth and Durban) ever prepared in a World Cup anything could happen.