America, will they ever learn? (Gun Control Debate) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

America, will they ever learn? (Gun Control Debate)

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Re: America, will they ever learn?

Cue the gun loving Right " it's too soon to talk about gun control" after every single massacre. But the same people within seconds of a suspected terrorist ( read Islamic) shooting jumping up and down demanding this and that be done right now

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008

Looks like a possible solution being put up at the moment is to arm the teachers.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Trumps tweet sounds so hollow behind this. No student, teacher or anyone else should feel unsafe in schools, yet they are condoning and training teachers to carry weapons. In NO civilised country should any teacher have to be trained to use a weapon whilst doing their job.

Its so sad that the US cannot see that their way is not the only way, always making excuses about good guys with guns. In this area of Florida all schools I understand have school monitors who carry weapons. I wonder whether this "good guy with a gun" was one of the ones shot. That's always been the argument, that they will increase the body count by having armed staff, whether that's the case in this instance remains to be seen.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Meh...is that all. :sarcastic

Looks like most students knew this loony was going to do it sometime in the future and just joked about it.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

mrposhman said:
Trumps tweet sounds so hollow behind this. No student, teacher or anyone else should feel unsafe in schools, yet they are condoning and training teachers to carry weapons. In NO civilised country should any teacher have to be trained to use a weapon whilst doing their job.

Yep. What's it going to do? This is not a one on one shooting. They'd be carrying their own gun anyway.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

TigerForce said:
Yep. What's it going to do? This is not a one on one shooting. They'd be carrying their own gun anyway.

The thing is the gunmen will also be more alert to whats going on too, so will likely beat the sole responder in response time and would just end up shooting them first. Completely loony idea, but sounds like that's the way they will go.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

scottyturnerscurse said:
Yep. I don't even bother reading the stories any more.
Pretty much the same. Sad but just so blaze about it now. Hopefully the shooters start to see that no one gives a *smile* any more and they won’t gain any notoriety.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Thousands in an anti-gun protest in Florida, while just down the road is a 'gun show'. FMD.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Read somewhere the “students” are planning a school boycott on April 18.

A national student boycott day would be an excellent instigator (hopefully) of getting change to their gun laws.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

tigertim said:

A national student boycott day would be an excellent instigator (hopefully) of getting change to their gun laws.

hopefully there are no black students there. they will probably get shot by the police.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

tigertim said:

Have they changed the date? It was meant to be April 20th, anniversary of Columbine. But then people thought it was a reference to 420 which caused dissent amongst the more spiritually inclined student groups.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004

Baloo said:
Have they changed the date? It was meant to be April 20th, anniversary of Columbine. But then people thought it was a reference to 420 which caused dissent amongst the more spiritually inclined student groups.
Yeah, you’re right, April 20 but it seems there might be a few as there’s also one for March 14 by a different group.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Anyone listen to an American tourist calling into MMM's Nightshift show last night? He stated it's a 'god given right' for Americans to have a gun....and he's got 33 of them!!!

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

TigerForce said:
Anyone listen to an American tourist calling into MMM's Nightshift show last night? He stated it's a 'god given right' for Americans to have a gun....and he's got 33 of them!!!

I would challenge anyone that says that to show where 'God' has said that

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004

Legends of 2017 said:
I would challenge anyone that says that to show where 'God' has said that
There’ll probably be some passage in the bible that the gun nuts have purposely misconstrued to “I must have a gun”.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

tigertim said:
There’ll probably be some passage in the bible that the gun nuts have purposely misconstrued to “I must have a gun”.

I'm a dud on religion, but Luke Bona (the host of the show) said the New Testament states "thou shalt not kill" but the Old Testament says "an eye for an eye". Maybe that's the part?

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley

TigerForce said:
I'm a dud on religion, but Luke Bona (the host of the show) said the New Testament states "thou shalt not kill" but the Old Testament says "an eye for an eye". Maybe that's the part?

Do unto others as they would do unto you.

Just do it first.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

So Trump's solution to the gun problem is to have more guns, by arming teachers :headscratch

The gun lobby over there effectively wants to turn schools over there into prisons. Walls, metal detectors, armed guards and teachers. But guns aren't the problem.............. ::)