Andrew Browne back at the club | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Browne back at the club

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
I see that Andrew Browne has returned to the club in a midfield coaching role with the women’s team. This is the same fella that threw the club under the bus in regards to not supporting his mental health situation back in the day. I’m very surprised to see him back!!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Andrew Browne was a wannabe ruckman who Wallet once played in Rd 1 in front of the legendary Angus "The Bus" Graham

Reactions: 1 user

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
The Big Ranga....I recall contributing to the Ranga for Round 1 movement....I apologise for that in retrospect

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Yep, dominant in the EDFL for years. Confident if went to State Leagues would have got another shot.

Popular guy when at the club with a good footy CV. Good get ILHO.

Reactions: 6 users

JamesTiger82

Follow me...
Nov 28, 2012
Melbourne
Whoa let's some of us back up a bit! First of all the mental health and unflattering comments about the club was Reece McKenzie.

Browney/The Mansfield Monster may not have exactly set the world on fire in his 12 games for RFC but I like some others thought he was a tad stiff to get delisted at the end of 2012. Had an enormous heart and his effort in the 2011 Dreamtime game played a big part in getting us over the line. As others have said he then dominated for Keilor in the EDFL which left many wondering what might have been if he hadn't been cut when he was or if someone else had thrown him a lifeline.

Good bloke who was enormously popular around the club...I know he was still living with Dave Astury and Sammy Lloyd as recently as a couple of years ago. He was attending games and doing gigs such as speaking to 3121 members at half time at least as far back as 2017.

Personally I'm very happy to have him back.

Reactions: 13 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
My brother used to bid (but only for low profile players and with pretty low offers) for jumpers at the Footy Club Cocktail Party and picked up Will Thursfield (2) one year and Browney (34) the next.
He couldn't really compete with the bids for Newman‘s jumper but was basically on the lookout for a number 56 the following years
His aim was to line them up in a row on a wall at home

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I see that Andrew Browne has returned to the club in a midfield coaching role with the women’s team. This is the same fella that threw the club under the bus in regards to not supporting his mental health situation back in the day. I’m very surprised to see him back!!
Get it right mate , was McKenzie , you were only 10yrs off the mark

rombosghost

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 14, 2004
Whoa let's some of us back up a bit! First of all the mental health and unflattering comments about the club was Reece McKenzie.

Browney/The Mansfield Monster may not have exactly set the world on fire in his 12 games for RFC but I like some others thought he was a tad stiff to get delisted at the end of 2012. Had an enormous heart and his effort in the 2011 Dreamtime game played a big part in getting us over the line. As others have said he then dominated for Keilor in the EDFL which left many wondering what might have been if he hadn't been cut when he was or if someone else had thrown him a lifeline.

Good bloke who was enormously popular around the club...I know he was still living with Dave Astury and Sammy Lloyd as recently as a couple of years ago. He was attending games and doing gigs such as speaking to 3121 members at half time at least as far back as 2017.

Personally I'm very happy to have him back.
Same here. I was thinking of a different player.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Andrew Browne was a champion fella. I sat next to him at a player sponsor dinner, and he was telling me about his engineering degree he was studying, perhaps with Ben Griffiths (was another tall on our list).
He was a genuinely warm natured bloke, and I was real disappointed when he was delisted. Glad to see he's still around the scenes.

Reactions: 2 users