Andrew Demetriou | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew Demetriou

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Has dropped all charges against Doc Reid. If the clubs weren't all on the gravy train, they'd move a motion of no confidence over Demetriou's shocking performance.

Wonder if team Hird is thinking of taking it to court now?

Baloo said:
Maybe, but I reckon the Doc has suffered a fair bit by way of having his reputation ruined. No need to keep kicking someone when he is already down. Especially as he can't be far from retirement.

Well yeah, his reputation suffered because players were being experimented upon under the head doctor's nose. He sanctioned the use of AOD without seeking authorisation from ASADA. Sorry Doc, but at face value you were negligent.

Another example of the AFL's total lack of integrity.

AFL got the fish they wanted. Hird initiated the program and was central to it. Doc was against the program and was torn between his personal ethics and the club he loves (loved) and bled for, for 40+ years.

IMO Reid should have officially raised the alarm about the supplements program once he was aware of it and not turned a blind eye. However with Reid basically being by-passed as the program progressed due to his disapproval of it, I can see how the AFL decided to drop action against him, particularly given the time and $$$$$$ cost of supreme court action.

The downside of a protracted court case outweighed the upside to be gained by pursuing a secondary (or less) player in the saga who was against it anyway.

They showed demetriou from last week on radio. on one of the news programs today. Was emphatic no deal would be done, no settlement in regards to this case. Made him look like the fool he is

I suggest everyone makes positive comments about the AFL CEO until trade period is complete. He may well determine if we get nothing or something decent in return for Dusty if GWS is his club of choice.

Reactions: 1 user
Sentimental moment. Many years ago we thought Andrew was a potential crook. Fancy one of that ilk running the AFL tabernacle. (Man, we were so paranoid.)

Anyways, I haven't followed DeMetriou since I used to disrespect him. And becuase I make so many mistakes I can't bear to check another one. (Like I'd need to!!??)

Can somebody check for me? Were we all wrong about DeMetriou?

Don't post. Don't even post.

Demetriou was always a saint in the sky. How could we have doubted? *sob*

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users