Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Not an attack. Just tired of the wafting on about Hardwick and this guy. It was time to move on at the end of the 2022 season but the club wasted that opportunity.

As for the players comfortable with what they know - nothing knew there but they also need to improve by moving on with a new coach.
The new coach has been there two weeks & Mini's seat is still warm.
These 'guys' helped us break a 37 yr drought & win 3 flags. That gave us all a lot of joy. THREE times over.

End of last season? We were a dodgy ARC decision at the GABBA away from a semi final & who knows what..

Rather that throw them on the scrap heap & just move on, I'm pretty grateful to these 'guys' for everything they gave us to make us a great club again.

As for the new coaching staff fingers crossed they do a third as good a job & get us a Premiership.
Reckon a bit of respect for these 'guys' wouldn't go astray td.

Reactions: 27 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Smart man. Knows he will get another crack at a senior gig soon, once Goodwin gets the flick.
How can you not love Punt Road End? In less than a page, McQualter goes from someone who doesn’t want to be a senior coach to someone who has figured out who the next sacked coach is going to be and has become his assistant.

It is dizzying! Artificial Intelligence is doomed if it has to compete with this!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
How can you not love Punt Road End? In less than a page, McQualter goes from someone who doesn’t want to be a senior coach to someone who has figured out who the next sacked coach is going to be and has become his assistant.

It is dizzying! Artificial Intelligence is doomed if it has to compete with us!

Spot on Totty, love it. :)

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
These 'guys' helped us break a 37 yr drought & win 3 flags. That gave us all a lot of joy. THREE times over.

End of last season? We were a dodgy ARC decision at the GABBA away from a semi final & who knows what..

Rather that throw them on the scrap heap & just move on, I'm pretty grateful to these 'guys' for everything they gave us to make us a great club again.

As for the new coaching staff fingers crossed they do a third as good a job & get us a Premiership.
And how long will some on here lament over the changing of the guard?

And the continual regurgitation of what was achieved is wearing a little thin don’t you think. I think Hardwick starting drinking his own bilge water in 2021 as the wheels fell off the then reigning premiers and his sausage sizzle was spent by the end of 2022 when he took off for the States for what? The playing group was left in the hands of those you adore and the rest is a sad history.

Time to move on. Actually it was time to dump Hardwick at the end of 2022.

I for one am looking forward to a new coaching regime and just as interestingly I’ll be watching who in the playing group respond to the new voices.

I can’t wait for the pre-season under the leadership of our new coach 👌

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

This.

McQualter contributed to 3 premierships, at a club which was lost 14 years ago and looked to be failing again 7 years ago.

I have nothing but thanks for this guy and the coaching team that brought us a dynasty.

Good luck to him, I hope he does well and I reckon he will be a welcome fresh voice at Melbourne. One day I expect to see McQualter as a senior coach and he'll do a good job too.

DS

Reactions: 12 users

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Mini stuck his head over the parapet by accepting the caretaker role. The arrow was always coming.

Selfless. Selfless and classy.

Love the Yze appointment but sad to see Mini go.

Reactions: 12 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
A lot of IP changing huddles.

Should make for interesting Rich V Rabble Bourne games.

Hoping we can start winning against them again.
They have certainly owned us the last 3 Years.

Ouzo/Mini to square off in the " this is how you beat Gawner/Dusty" stakes.

Reactions: 1 users