Andrew 'Mini' McQualter | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Andrew 'Mini' McQualter

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm having trouble with the name 'Mini'.

Not for the coach of the Richmond Football Team ffs.
Guess the bonus of having " Mini " hands is that it'd make your wiener look bigger. Gotta try n find a positive out of every situation.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Bring back the gesh

At least he took on a ride for 5 weeks

This bloke will struggle against WC.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Well we're trialing some tweaks in the VFL. What I expected, week one was getting the deck back in order and no VFL but identify changes you want to make. Train them and trial in the VFL as soon as possible . Funnily enough today and they are evident. At least to half time some of the tweaks are working and our ball movement at times is better.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Well we're trialing some tweaks in the VFL. What I expected, week one was getting the deck back in order and no VFL but identify changes you want to make. Train them and trial in the VFL as soon as possible . Funnily enough today and they are evident. At least to half time some of the tweaks are working and our ball movement at times is better.
Still butchering the *smile* out of our opportunities though. Could be a highly entertaining game otherwise.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I liked how he didn’t want any limelight after the win. Shows great potential

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Another one of those coaches who spends his time in the box barracking. Banging on the counter n enjoying himself immensely when Foosh kicked that late goal. All of a sudden realised that someone might have been looking n picked up the phone trying to look important.

Was dancin around the lounge room myself at the time n nearly missed him enjoying himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Our forward entry was a lot better today, didn't just bomb it in like we have been, well coached Mini.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Another one of those coaches who spends his time in the box barracking. Banging on the counter n enjoying himself immensely when Foosh kicked that late goal. All of a sudden realised that someone might have been looking n picked up the phone trying to look important.

Was dancin around the lounge room myself at the time n nearly missed him enjoying himself.
I almost teared up. All those close losses have scarred me. It felt soooo good to win one.

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
We've gone from "sausage cooking" and "various stages" to a "lick of the ice cream"!
Well done Mini.
Love it.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Would be interested to hear what his philosophy is and where he would take a team with a clean slate.

Watching live yesterday there wasn't much to get excited from, in fact both teams were playing the same game which is why neither could defend.

Not sure the model is a viable challenging vehicle any longer, question is does McQualter have one that is with a clean slate.

Reactions: 1 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Would be interested to hear what his philosophy is and where he would take a team with a clean slate.

Watching live yesterday there wasn't much to get excited from, in fact both teams were playing the same game which is why neither could defend.

Not sure the model is a viable challenging vehicle any longer, question is does McQualter have one that is with a clean slate.

Tend to agree with this. It's only been two games, but it looks to be the same structures and selection. Not sure that is going to help his cause for getting the job permanently.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Tend to agree with this. It's only been two games, but it looks to be the same structures and selection. Not sure that is going to help his cause for getting the job permanently.
Go back to the press conference. They selected Mini as he'd be able to keep the same blueprint going.
I don't think the right question is, "Does Mini have a different model?" but rather "Will the club allow Mini to change the model?"

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
Go back to the press conference. They selected Mini as he'd be able to keep the same blueprint going.
I don't think the right question is, "Does Mini have a different model?" but rather "Will the club allow Mini to change the model?"

Interesting point.

Would be a worry if the club has any say in such things.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Interesting point.

Would be a worry if the club has any say in such things.
I think they're still invested in getting the most competitive environment, and given our list has been established for chaos ball, they want to keep it going.
No point changing a game style, then potentially getting another coach (not mini) and changing again.