Another leak | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Another leak

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Dear Rod and Grant,

Just thought I'd give you an update on things down here at the moment. As discussed I've managed to keep us out of the finals again but high enough to avoid a top 4 draft pick. That should be low enough to ensure that Beck finds someone who cant play. You'll be please to know that I don't think they're on to me yet. I've being giving the players rugby balls to train with to ensure their skills dont improve and I've even tried writing a game plan on a whiteboard for the evening news.

I make sure the selection committee dont select the better young players and when they slip one by I endeavour to keep their game time to a minimum so they'll be back at Coburg next week. Your idea of me leaking that memo from Maley was brilliant, nobody even thought to look at me and it seemed to evoke some sympathy from the public.

I am concerned at the moment that a few people seem to be getting wise to the fact that I dont have a clue and am actually a Saints plant to make someone else the laughing stock of the league.

Are you guys and the boys still coming round on Thursday to watch the Footy Show so we can see the looks on their faces when I nominate Houlihan and Pettifer as potential leaders of the RFC?

Yours faithfully
Danny F

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAO RFC not KFC.

The greatest trick the potato farmer ever pulled was convincing the Richmond Footy Club that he was a hick.

GoldCoastTiger

Where do we go from here?
Aug 15, 2003
Gold Coast
Love it, very funny.. so true that u have to laugh.. but i feel bad, as i reckon Danny's prob a good bloke, but obviously he's a terrible coach..
Just wish he and richmond realised this..
Anyone know if any of the players ever glance at the posts here????

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Ox said:
Half the posters on the forum are probably players' !!!

Would not surprise me. In the USA a few San Francisco Giants baseball players in Shawn Estes and John Johnstone used to post on their fans sites under a pseudonym of course. Would not surprise me in the least.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
I work with a Director from another club and he told me that he regularly looks at their unofficial club site similar to this one (he doesn't post however).
I won't mention the club or the site (it's not RFC!!)

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Boss,

Is that director from a reasonably successful club?? Because if the person is then looking at the RFC I don't think they'd have the brains or the balls to check this site. They might find the truth.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Tenacious Tiges said:
Boss,

Is that director from a reasonably successful club?? Because if the person is then looking at the RFC I don't think they'd have the brains or the balls to check this site. They might find the truth.

No they haven't had success for a while, I'd rather not mention the club or the site.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Boss said:
I work with a Director from another club and he told me that he regularly looks at their unofficial club site similar to this one (he doesn't post however).
I won't mention the club or the site (it's not RFC!!)

Under the Telstra Web-site agreement all employees and and officials (eg Directors) are not allowed to post on sites like these.

Clubs however do access them and read them - without doubt

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Lil - I'm pretty at least one other club who train at Gusty Mountain are not part of the Telstra web deal. Would that exclude them from this agreement?

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
RFC not KFC said:
Lil - I'm pretty at least one other club who train at Gusty Mountain are not part of the Telstra web deal. Would that exclude them from this agreement?

Yes there is one Club that had the guts to stand alone and have their own web-site.

Whether their employees and officials are allowed or not allowed to post would depend on the agreement they have with the providor (who happens to be one of their main sponsors).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
Under the Telstra Web-site agreement all employees and and officials (eg Directors) are not allowed to post on sites like these.

Clubs however do access them and read them - without doubt

Are they actually not allowed to post on a site?

I've read on the Pies board about the Big E and Nath posting before. I think the honcho's have also posted on one of the Melb boards?

An e-mail I got from the club said as part the agreement we have with AFL/Telstra, we are strictly forbidden from aiding, assisting, promoting or supporting any 'unofficial' club site.

It didn't mention anything about posting, and I'm sure an alias would be hard to track if anyone from the club wanted to share their opinions.

On Eddie posting on the Pie board, I really admire how he's one of the boys at Collingwood, and is even willing to sit with their rabble of a cheer squad. I wish we had officials at Richmond who had the same feeling for the club as the fans do.

Posting doesn't necessarily mean supporting as we all know.....Come on own up, which one of you guys is Spud? ;D