answer me this | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

answer me this

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Thought He was worth more than what the Tigers were prepared to pay him at the time. Sydney paid his price and that was it. Whilst he did play some good games for the Tigers, he just got a bit too greedy. as far as I'm concerned with an attitude like that...Good riddance! If you don't want to play for the Jumper....Go!!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Really don't know if Maxfield was part of the problem or not, but Sydney were in a position where they could afford to pay a ridiculous price for a player like Maxfield with the concession etc they were receiving at the time.

For us to match the offer would have made Stewie the highest or very close to the highest paid player at the club.

Agree he was a good player, but not worth the money required to match the Swans offer and for a change commonsense prevailed.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
We didnt trade Maxfield. Sydney picked him up as an uncontracted player.

Richmond wanted Maxfield, but Maxfield didnt want Richmond.