Anthony Mundine bizarre antigay rant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anthony Mundine bizarre antigay rant

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/im-a-celebrity-2018-boxer-anthony-mundines-vile-antigay-rant-after-jungle-exit/news-story/0d52835ebb8b6281dbe6295f34ec3572

BOXER Anthony Mundine has appeared to support the death penalty for gays, saying it is the only way for society to deter homosexuality.

The high-profile Muslim doubled down on previous anti-gay rhetoric in an incendiary interview after abruptly quitting the Channel Ten reality show I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here!

He said homosexuality, banned in Islam, was also forbidden in Aboriginal culture.

“If we were to live in a society, just like in Aboriginal culture, that homosexuality is forbidden and you do it and the consequences are capital punishment or death, you think you are going to do it? Or think twice about doing it?”

Mundine then added the same fate should befall paedophiles. “Hang them suckers,” he said.

Asked to clarify if he meant gays should be executed, he replied: “The paedophiles mainly, hang them suckers and let’s see if they have the balls to do it again.”

Six predominantly Muslim countries — including Iran and Saudi Arabia — retain the death penalty for homosexuality, while another five nations have the penalty but do not use it.
Mundine attacked the push for gay rights in Western countries, saying it would inevitably lead to calls for the legalisation of paedophilia.

“Because they are pushing these gay rights so much in the Western world, the paedophiles out there want their rights,” he said. “Now they are going to claim to have rights. They want their rights just like the gay people want their rights.”

Prior to entering the jungle, Mundine controversially stated his opposition to homosexuality, contraception and abortion. In his latest interview he said he did not even believe homosexuals, actors or characters, should be allowed on TV as he fears it would influence children to become gay.
“They are not going to be happy until they have primary school kids being gay,” he said when asked to clarify his views. “If you are going to be gay, do it behind closed doors, that is how it used to be.”

Mundine’s comments appear to sail dangerously close to anti-vilification laws but he is unrepentant.

“I talk the truth ... I don’t care if you are gay or not, it doesn’t worry me because the creator will judge you later.”

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
He needed to say something controversial as a deflection, because he knows his departure from i'm a celebrity was as weak as urine.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Now there's a dilemma for a leftist. Who's victim card (or cardS in the case of Anthony Mundine) trumps who's? An Aboriginal who is ALSO Muslim, or a person identifying as LBGTIQ?........How to criticise the Aboriginal Muslim without having RACIST! or ISLAMOPHOBE! Mindlessly screamed at you. :headscratch

But then, when people play the game of identity politics, them's the breaks I suppose.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Panthera Tigris said:
Now there's a dilemma for a leftist. Who's victim card (or cardS in the case of Anthony Mundine) trumps who's? An Aboriginal who is ALSO Muslim, or a person identifying as LBGTIQ?........How to criticise the Aboriginal Muslim without having RACIST! or ISLAMOPHOBE! Mindlessly screamed at you. :headscratch

But then, when people play the game of identity politics, them's the breaks I suppose.

No he’s a dangerous deluded religious *smile* - it’s quite simple really

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
MD Jazz said:
No he’s a dangerous deluded religious *smile*wit - it’s quite simple really
Tend to agree with you in entirety.

But then I don't live in the deluded world of double standards, shaped by flawed moral relativism, that seems to dominate public debate.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Panthera Tigris said:

I use my facebook feed as the guide and theres not been one mention when usually my FB friends are squawking about the most minor issue.

Seems its best to look the other way. Its almost like gays, women, muslims and indigenius never say anything controversial, they only speak wisdom.....

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:

Islam in general is a dilemma for the left.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Panthera Tigris said:

Nonsense. Mundine is an fool (putting it politely).

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Panthera Tigris said:

This blokes a *smile*wit, regardless of his religion and race.

Pretty simple for a rational human being to separate out the ideas. I know the conservative motto is that a single person represents their entire religion/race/gender/orientation, but no left wing person, rather no person who can think, would have any problem condemning this idiot and his vile hate speech, without condemning every Muslim or Aboriginal person because he just happens to fall within those groups.

It's actually pretty amazing that you managed to criticise the left by suggesting they would have a right wing mentality, while simultaneously pointing out the stupidity of a right wing mentality. That's meta to the point of satire.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Coburgtiger said:
This blokes a *smile*wit, regardless of his religion and race.

Pretty simple for a rational human being to separate out the ideas. I know the conservative motto is that a single person represents their entire religion/race/gender/orientation, but no left wing person, rather no person who can think, would have any problem condemning this idiot and his vile hate speech, without condemning every Muslim or Aboriginal person because he just happens to fall within those groups.

It's actually pretty amazing that you managed to criticise the left by suggesting they would have a right wing mentality, while simultaneously pointing out the stupidity of a right wing mentality. That's meta to the point of satire.
Thing is, that's exactly what I'm saying Coburg. Like one quote from my first year Political Science lecturer: "Right wing people are generally plain stupid, whereas left wing people are stupid people who think they are smart."

What we are seeing in the age of social media is how the left-right spectrum is more of a circle than a straight line. At the extreme ends (which seem to be the ends that shout loudest with the megaphone of social media), they seem to display eerily similar characteristics. My observation is that leftists are essentially full of as much bigotry, prejudice and preconcieved bias as those right wing nasties they hate so much - just they hold a different set of prejudices.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Panthera Tigris said:
Thing is, that's exactly what I'm saying Coburg. Like one quote from my first year Political Science lecturer: "Right wing people are generally plain stupid, whereas left wing people are stupid people who think they are smart."

What we are seeing in the age of social media is how the left-right spectrum is more of a circle than a straight line. At the extreme ends (which seem to be the ends that shout loudest with the megaphone of social media), they seem to display eerily similar characteristics. My observation is that leftists are essentially full of as much bigotry, prejudice and preconcieved bias as those right wing nasties they hate so much - just they hold a different set of prejudices.
its like "show respect and tolerances etc to these people i like. These people i dont like, well we should belittle, antagonise, name call etc"
I reckon theres not much difference between the extremes of each "side".

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Satirical obviously, but had a good chuckle.

http://thestocktontimes.com/2018/02/03/anthony-mundine-comes-transgender-announces-boxing-comeback/

Australia’s favourite son has dropped a bombshell in the African jungle saying he’s transgender during an episode of “I’m a celebrity”

It comes after speculation was rife that a boxing comeback was on the cards as former boxing foe Danny Green also entered the jungle.

Mundine said the rumours were partially true but added his comeback would be as a woman and that he always identified as a woman.

“I think that’s where all my anger has come from over the years”

“It’s what happens when you deny your true self and I’ve always felt like a white woman in a black mans body”

Mundine hopes the transition will finally get him the respect and admiration he craves and hopes to serve as a role model to others.

“People used to give me a hard time for my controversial opinions but now they will have to choice but to look up to me and respect me.”

“I’ve always liked the idea of beating up woman in the ring and now I can be seen as an inspirational role model for doing so.”

Channel 10 have already acquired the rights to the fight and an executive said a trans Mundine beating up a woman was guaranteed to attract huge numbers.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Panthera Tigris said:

When I worked at the government we had a bloke (let’s call him Gary) who looked and was aboriginal. We also had a clique (let’s call them women) who would complain and get offended at the slightest of offence that didn’t fit the lefty mold (you will bow to my opinion!!). They were the opinion and identity police. they were hugely pro-LBGT and pro-aboriginal.

in the days and months following Keven Rudd’s ‘Sorry’ Gary, who was pretty much licensed to say whatever he felt like, dropped this pearl “I don’t like gays or their gayness... they don’t fit into my culture”. He didn’t really like whites either but... he wasn’t considered a racist.

Anyway the political police had no idea what to do. They were outraged that he made these comments, AND he was male!! but they were handbraked by his aboriginality. The PP were stunned.

Good times!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Homosexuality was just one of many things Folau railed against. Fifty years ago you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who disagreed with the gist of it, religious or not. Today such things are increasingly tolerated, and Folau is pilloried and apparently may be sacked.

While we all like to think we're of fundamentally good character, maybe Muslims have it right after all and we really are losing our moral compass.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mundine has covered himself in glory again by advising people NOT to vaccinate their children. Think he took a few too many shots to the head.