Anthony Mundine bizarre antigay rant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anthony Mundine bizarre antigay rant

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Djevv said:
Interpreting the Bible is a bit trickier than just grabbing a verse from the OT and saying it applies to Christians who are under the new Covenant, not the old. Folau's scripture merely states that homosexuality is immoral and to practice it invites God's judgement. Many won't agree but it it really a hanging offence?

Personally I could care less what some religious simpleton tells me. I'm more inclined to listen to zips. However I do reserve the right to call him to account when he makes statements that have the potential, and do actually, destroy lives.

And, he really should be punished for the sheer ignorance/arrogance/stupidity shown to act in such contempt. And to cry like some sort of victim of persecution is just laughable. The real persecuted are the ones he called out.

I'm sure he will be happier living like a pauper, and I'm sure his sycophants will stick fat now there are no crumbs to collect.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
antman said:
So your point is that Catholic fundamentalism is as extreme as Folau's evangelical fundamentalism? Help me out here Lee

The Catechism isn't "fundamentalism", it's the modern interpretation of the Bible. A Catholic constitution of sorts.

E

easy_tiger

I must admit to having an unconventional view on Falou's rant.

If I was homosexual, and some bloke said 'you will rot in hell' on twitter

I think I would think

'Hell is clearly a fictitious place, peddled by the dull and ignorant. If it does exist, it is devoid of not-to-bright wowsers. We all have to rot somewhere, so the non-existent place might not be a bad destination, theoretically. Theologically even?'

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
So Folau preaches the Gospel on his social media account and it’s a ‘high-level breach’. It’s PC gone completely BS crazy. It’s not like he king-hit anyone, or beat up on his missus, dropped the f-bomb on national TV, got drunk on national TV, exposed himself after a night on the town, paid a mate to stand over a business partner and so on. And people keep talking about all this damage he has caused. To whom exactly?

E

easy_tiger

Djevv said:
So Folau preaches the Gospel on his social media account and it’s a ‘high-level breach’. It’s PC gone completely BS crazy. It’s not like he king-hit anyone, or beat up on his missus, dropped the f-bomb on national TV, got drunk on national TV, exposed himself after a night on the town, paid a mate to stand over a business partner and so on. And people keep talking about all this damage he has caused. To whom exactly?

Id much rather get exposed to than preached gospel to

but wouldn't want to get violenced.

I don't think its so much about PC as basic contract law?

and Izzy being about as bright as Peter Duttons eyes

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The Catechism isn't "fundamentalism", it's the modern interpretation of the Bible. A Catholic constitution of sorts.

Which says pretty clearly that if gay people dont abstain from sex forever they'll go to Hell.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
antman said:
Which says pretty clearly that if gay people dont abstain from sex forever they'll go to Hell.

The version I looked at doesn't mention damnation and says homosexuals "must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity". And yes, it prescribes chastity. Depends how much you want to be a Christian, I guess.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The version I looked at doesn't mention damnation and says homosexuals "must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity". And yes, it prescribes chastity. Depends how much you want to be a Christian, I guess.

I don't really get the point - are you saying Catholics attitudes to homosexuality are better than Folau's?

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
antman said:
I don't really get the point - are you saying Catholics attitudes to homosexuality are better than Folau's?

i think he is saying you can interpret any religion however you want.

glantone

dog at the footy, punt rd end
Jun 5, 2007
Djevv said:
So Folau preaches the Gospel on his social media account and it’s a ‘high-level breach’. ..........And people keep talking about all this damage he has caused. To whom exactly?

Well, as a drunk fornicating gay atheist me and my thieving lying idolater mates feel we’re definitely being singled out for unwarranted negativity.
How does an atheist or a gay person repent anyway?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
antman said:

You read something into it that isn't there (hell).

They're both consistent on the principle that "under no circumstances can it be approved".

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
glantone said:

"Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection."

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
glantone said:
Well, as a drunk fornicating gay atheist me and my thieving lying idolater mates feel we’re definitely being singled out for unwarranted negativity.

Yes I agree there are a lot on that list. Where are all the other lying fornicators howling for Izzy’s blood? You repent by turning away from your lying, adulterous, binge drinking, sodomising, unbelieving ways - I guess ;D.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Is that like the independent tribunal that found Essendon not guilty of doping?

Funny how e.g. Karmichael Hunt being convicted of drug offences is a low-level breach while posting Biblical teachings online rates as "high-level". The panel duly handed down the finding that RA required.

Not that funny at all. How exactly does Hunt using drugs harm anyone else?? Israels pathetic rant would have hurt a lot of his young gay fans. Lets hear your explanation of why its funny that one was low level and the other high.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
kyuss said:
Not that funny at all. How exactly does Hunt using drugs harm anyone else?? Israels pathetic rant would have hurt a lot of his young gay fans. Lets hear your explanation of why its funny that one was low level and the other high.

You don't think a player being convicted of drug offences reflects poorly on Rugby Australia? Righto then...

Tell you what. I might possibly employ a deeply religious person, but a drug user definitely ain't getting the job.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
You don't think a player being convicted of drug offences reflects poorly on Rugby Australia? Righto then...

Tell you what. I might possibly employ a deeply religious person, but a drug user definitely ain't getting the job.

It reflects a lot less poorly than someone spitting hate at a section of society.
Thats where you and I must differ, cos Id definitely give an extremely high achieving recreational drug user, i.e. a professional athlete, the job over a lunatic homophobe.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I didn’t detect hate, and it’s a big section that includes me.

I apologise, I clearly have no Idea what the word hate means then.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
kyuss said:
I apologise, I clearly have no Idea what the word hate means then.

Maybe he's a Slayer fan?

81Ub697AA%2BL._SX355_.jpg

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection."

Pity so many priests ignore this. Wouldn’t be so many destroyed lives. But hey, they’re sinners too. God still loves them. By the sounds of it he’s probably a guilt laden kiddie fiddler himself, plenty have been “touched” by god.