Anthony Mundine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anthony Mundine

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
Just listening to him on SEN.
He regards himself as the Best Sportsman in the WORLD let alone here in Australia.
Asked when he retired from the NRL was he the best player in the Comp.
His respone was comical."The money i got said i was".

If Greatness was measured by your EGO then i agree,You are the Greatest in the world. ::)

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Just listening to him on SEN.
He regards himself as the Best Sportsman in the WORLD let alone here in Australia.
Asked when he retired from the NRL was he the best player in the Comp.
His respone was comical."The money i got said i was".

If Greatness was measured by your EGO then i agree,You are the Greatest in the world. ::)

Greatest flog in the world.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think he's done pretty well in both sports but if you've got to talk yourself up you aren't near the greatest.
He'll be forgotten in no time. Heck until this morning I hadn't heard his name for ages.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
He is a shocking role model. Keep your mouth shut for a change.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Like the Man.

Gets the public doing exactly as he wants. Has them in the palm of his hand.

Joe Lynn Turnip

Tiger Superstar
Nov 8, 2009
Don't get me started on this twat. If people only knew about what really goes on behind the scenes, the people he associates with and what his real views on certain things are.

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
jb03 said:
What is an "interim" world champion?

It means he's not the real world champion.

The real champion can't fight for whatever reason so the governing body gets extra sanctioning fees by having these interim "champions" fight in these clayton's world championship bouts.

My brain hurts after listening to Mundine speak, he fights nobodies and is irrelevant in world boxing, that's why he can't or won't fight big fighters in the US or anywhere in the world.

He's the biggest avoider in Australian boxing history.

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
michael roach said:
It means he's not the real world champion.

The real champion can't fight for whatever reason so the governing body gets extra sanctioning fees by having these interim "champions" fight in these clayton's world championship bouts.

My brain hurts after listening to Mundine speak, he fights nobodies and is irrelevant in world boxing, that's why he can't or won't fight big fighters in the US or anywhere in the world.

He's the biggest avoider in Australian boxing history.
Most accurate post I've read in ages. He fights chumps and blames his 9/11 comments for not being able to access the best yanks. What drivel. And a waste of talent - if only he knew how good he could actually be if he pulled his head in, stopped fighting just for cash and got interested in being a great champion. Too late now.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
If he fights Austin Trout, it will be his biggest test. Trout fights Melbourne boy Frank Laporta and Choc will get the winner of that bout.

And if he goes to the states he needs to get on the ESPN circuit, fight in the back blocks of America for six months to a year. He needs to base himself over in the States to get on the HBO & ESPN circuits. Just needs to be willing to step for anyone if they pull out.

Regardless of his mouth, he is a freak. Have meet him a couple of times and you wouldn’t meet a nicer bloke.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Leysy Days said:
Like the Man.

Gets the public doing exactly as he wants. Has them in the palm of his hand.

agreed leysy. Made much more dough than better boxers by being a brilliant promoter. I reckon he learnt a lot from his dads career. Yeah he's a really bad role model, don't drink, don't smoke, don't take drugs and work hard, terrible message for youngsters

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
agreed leysy. Made much more dough than better boxers by being a brilliant promoter. I reckon he learnt a lot from his dads career. Yeah he's a really bad role model, don't drink, don't smoke, don't take drugs and work hard, terrible message for youngsters

i'd rather my kids did drugs, smoked and drank if it meant they had humility and respect

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tool of the biggest order. Blaming things on his 9/11 comments. You know someones struggling when they have to resort to siege mentality comments like this.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
tigertim said:
Tool of the biggest order. Blaming things on his 9/11 comments. You know someones struggling when they have to resort to siege mentality comments like this.

So you beleive that a celebrity's public image is all there is? Come on, you're being hoodwinked.

Once I was having a debate with my workmates about Mundine, who mostly hated him. They had all at some stage paid money to watch him fight. You gotta hand it to him.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LidsBling&Cotch said:
i'd rather my kids did drugs, smoked and drank if it meant they had humility and respect

I think they might be mutually exclusive