Anthony Mundine | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anthony Mundine

E

easy_tiger

Giardiasis said:
So one bonafide documented case of 30 aboriginals being murdered is enough to justify the claim of genocide? There were what over half a million aboriginals in 1788? Seems the evidence is a wee bit light on.

I could pile a hundred thousand stoved in skulls on your door step, and you'de go

prove they're human.

I'd hate to have your brain and world view.

But I guess you love it?

so,

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Even rabid lefties back off at the suggestion.

Not me sunshine.

more Black Fellas were massacred in Queensland alone,

than Australians were killed in the first world war

(note, Gallipolli wasn't an actual massacre. The blokes running up the beach had .303's. It was more a horrendous, incompetant rout. Unfortunately, massacres are orders of magnitude more repugnant)

Even the very nastiest and dark hearted amongst the far right take a very brief pause in their diatribes when they hear that one.

But its pretty brief. and then they start again.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The only thing at work is a working knowledge of Australian history.

that's one of the most ironic and naivest things any of you blokes have ever said in any of these 'discussions'

no sh!t

its like an Essendon supporter telling you you need to read the rules

Giardiasis said:
So 0.004% of a population are murdered = genocide? Perhaps you need to learn what rational means?

oh wait, now we are approaching 20%, just in one State.

Gia: (thinks) 'Jeez, its getting hot in here, I better repeatedly ask for references or eye witness accounts, inundate them with tinpot sh!tarsed googlefacts, or ramp up the rhetoric wildly. Or maybe I'll just wear them down by repeating the same sh!t for months'

yeah *smile* that

:troll2

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
easy said:
I could pile a hundred thousand skulls on your door step, and you'de go

prove they're human.

I'd hate to have your brain and world view.

But I guess you love it?

so,
It seems all you can pile is 99970 short of 100000. Look I’m the most anti-government person here, but you’re going to need a bit more than that for the claim “genocide” to look reasonable.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
easy said:
I could pile a hundred thousand stoved in skulls on your door step, and you'de go

Many died of European diseases, many died resisting attempts at relocation, and yes, many died in isolated killings for trivial offences or no offence at all at the hands of people who perceived them as less than human.

None of which demonstrates a policy of genocide. It's a big claim that requires big evidence. Given the population got down to around 60K, I dare say they would've succeeded if that was the goal.

Please, no more of this rubbish unless you can point to a specific government policy of extermination.

I'd prefer not to continue this pointless discussion and remind you that it was you lot who steered it onto race.

E

easy_tiger

Giardiasis said:
It seems all you can pile is 99970 short of 100000. Look I’m the most anti-government person here, but you’re going to need a bit more than that for the claim “genocide” to look reasonable.

look, I'll bite one more time, just to liberate a tiny drop of truth and compassion into the Sea of Cognitive Mediocrity (after Baz, 2017)

The Myall Creek massacre was one of several hundred documented massacres.

There were likely thousands.

But the slaughter at Myall Creek, which a horror script writer couldn't come up with, but was actually pretty stock standard,

was THE only one that got to court (thanks to a very tenacious irishman who hated the British and wanted them to swing as much as he respected the Australians)

and so, the circumstances of the 30 are known and on record, whereas the tens of thousands, probably over a hundred thousand

are un-transcribed.

(not sure if they have a quantification for attempted genocide, but I think objectively 20% of a population and counting would go pretty close - what did the nazis manage? 30%?)

Look, I know you are a persistent denier of heaps of things that are real, and in that respect its fine that you'll deny this foundation of our countries history. I know you're in the majority. And I know you won't change your mind, even if I dedicated my December to changing it. I know you've never, ever gone 'oh, yeah, I see now. my mistake'. I know that there are certain things that don't really have a burden of proof, and they are generally the things you try hang a haggard intellectual hat on.

But despite the horrible things people do to each other, and the horrible people that stand around and watch, my optimism remains intact. And I'm pretty sure Chocco would grin his defiant grin and go 'yeah easy,bruz', and he'd feel a bit respected and understood, if he happened on his thread.

so, yeah.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Please, no more of this rubbish unless you can point to a specific government policy of extermination.

*smile* off with that sh!t L2.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Many died of European diseases, many died resisting attempts at relocation, and yes, many died in isolated killings for trivial offences or no offence at all at the hands of people who perceived them as less than human.

and yes, you don't know a *smile* thing

E

easy_tiger

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Fine, I'm clueless. Agree, *smile* this sh!t off and get back to Mundine.

done deal.

do you think we can get buy in from Gia?

;D :afro :whistle

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
bit of light reading

https://law.uq.edu.au/files/1263/Queenslands-Frontier-Killing-Times-Facing-up-to-Genocide-Baldry-McKeon-McDougall-2015.pdf

E

easy_tiger

tigersnake said:
bit of light reading

https://law.uq.edu.au/files/1263/Queenslands-Frontier-Killing-Times-Facing-up-to-Genocide-Baldry-McKeon-McDougall-2015.pdf

It seems, snake, that you find yourself in the unprecedented position of preaching, albeit as a sanctioned heavy weight, to the converted :afro 8- :eek:ld

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I'm not even aware of any black supremacist comments he might've made. But if you refuse to stand for the national anthem and get booed, even hated, I say you asked for it, you deserve it. And after this terrible country enabled him to become richer than most, it's the height of hypocrisy.

Hopefully he fades away into obscurity 'cos without the gloves, he's just another schmoe with opinions like the rest of us.

Stand for anthem that doesn’t represent him? That represents nothing but pain for most a month aborigines?

It takes a lot of courage to do what he did, history will be kind to Mundine IMo.

The Tomic and Kyrgios comparisons are way off.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
easy said:
It seems, snake, that you find yourself in the unprecedented position of preaching, albeit as a sanctioned heavy weight, to the converted :afro 8- :eek:ld

Don't expect anyone to read it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him challenge his misinformed ignorant entrenched ideas.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
Don't expect anyone to read it. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him challenge his misinformed ignorant entrenched ideas.

What if I told you I'd read it? It's an exercise in wordplay.

C'mon snake, start a separate thread.

Any boxing experts on PRE? Does Mundine rank in the top ten Australian fighters? Why or why not?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
What if I told you I'd read it? It's an exercise in wordplay.

C'mon snake, start a separate thread.

Any boxing experts on PRE? Does Mundine rank in the top ten Australian fighters? Why or why not?

You're wrong. But Its irrelevant if you have read it or not, you'd stay the same. But I'll bite anyway, have you read Bottoms? More wordplay, or something.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
You're wrong. But Its irrelevant if you have read it or not, you'd stay the same. But I'll bite anyway, have you read Bottoms? More wordplay, or something.

"It is possible to identify other relevant historical events and confluent forces that, incorporated into a dynamic or contextual analysis, suggest the gradual manifestation of ‘intent to destroy' Aboriginal people.

Come on mate, that is slithery language construing history as you want it to be.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"It is possible to identify other relevant historical events and confluent forces that, incorporated into a dynamic or contextual analysis, suggest the gradual manifestation of ‘intent to destroy' Aboriginal people.

Come on mate, that is slithery language construing history as you want it to be.

46,000?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
A map of documented massacres, just scratching the surface

https://c21ch.newcastle.edu.au/colonialmassacres/map.php

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
tigersnake said:

An estimate. Aborigines were killed as civilisation expanded. It can never be "right" through today's lens, but it was right at the time.

There was no Jewish soccer team playing football at Olympiastadion under Hitler, but an Aboriginal cricket team played on the MCG in front of 8000 paying customers in 1868 after touring England. So many things are not consistent with a policy of genocide, but you can convince yourself by focusing on a narrow band of "truth".

Incidentally the notorious Queensland Native Police mentioned in the document as responsible for 24,000 deaths was comprised of Aborigines.