Anti-Vaxxers and Samoan measles outbreak | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anti-Vaxxers and Samoan measles outbreak

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
So this WAG Taylor Winterstein (married to an ARL player) has been promoting antivaxxing propaganda - she and her husband are of Samoan descent. She charges $1400 for workshops and sells grossly overpriced vitamins as cure/prevention for measles and other communicable diseases. She's a high school dropout with no qualifications, but a thriving online business selling *smile*.

She visited Samoa with Robert F Kennedy Jr, another prominent antivaxxer in July 2019 spruiking their messages of disinformation. Last month, Samoa had a big outbreak of measles probably carried from New Zealand where they had a smaller outbreak due to higher vax rates.

Death toll now stands at around 45, with 40 kids under 5 years old now dead.

Don't believe anti-vaxxers. Don't believe those who argue that opinions are just as valid as science.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Of all the loonies, left right and centre, the anit-vaxxers are the worst by a mile. They kill kids.

Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Of all the loonies, left right and centre, the anit-vaxxers are the worst by a mile. They kill kids.

The worst of them are now claiming these kids died due to "poverty and malnutrition" or even more absurdly due to "bad Indian vaccines".

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
they're mad ... and oh so self-righteous ... it's dark ages stuff they spruik, witches without a wand ..

Reactions: 1 user

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Agree. I don't despise many people but anti-vaxxers i do. Borderline the most dangerous ideology going around

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Agree. I don't despise many people but anti-vaxxers i do. Borderline the most dangerous ideology going around

The coal ideologues will kill a million times more kids.

Anyway, stupidity has been around for about a hundred thousand years longer than instagram.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The coal ideologues will kill a million times more kids.

Anyway, stupidity has been around for about a hundred thousand years longer than instagram.

Instagram does amplify stupidity though

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
"Influencer" is the new "reality TV celebrity". No skills. No talent. But an audience. And kids are taught early to idolise these sellebrities.

• Sad

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
"Influencer" is the new "reality TV celebrity". No skills. No talent. But an audience. And kids are taught early to idolise these sellebrities.
Yeah, just the lowest common demominator non critical thinking for the most part. Thank christ Piers Ackerman was and will never be photogenic.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The only positive to the whole influencer ecosystem is that when their influence starts to wane there is often a "private sex tape leak" that catapults them back to stardom, though short lived.

• Haha

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Looking at events around the world over the past few years, I'd argue stupidity is reaching a dangerous peak.
Trouble is that many years ago a bit of the old Darwinian theory would see most of the stupids eliminate themselves n keep the levels manageable. Now we're forced to protect n enhance the stupids allowing them to dominate with overwhelming numbers of stupidity.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
The old adage "Talk is cheap" has lost its currency (ba dum bum ching). Modern politicians spend all of their time talking rather than doing. We have 24/7 news bulletins where everything is "breaking news!". It's a talk fest! We have "social media" where all voices are treated as "equal" through nothing more than a technological quirk of the graphical interface; everything looks the same. So all these talking head's opinions must be equally valid. Imagine poor old Einstein on twitter dealing with flat earthers. Baaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Slightly hungover so a little ranty. Turns out drinking straight Drumshanbo (whiskey) shots makes my head hurty.

Reactions: 1 users