• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Any players coming?

Saladin

Better to fight for something than live for nothin
Oct 1, 2003
I think we were linked to Bonar in his draft yr...

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Jack Stevens is a massive risk. Huge off field issues. Good luck with that.
That's only 'coz he couldn't get the trade to Geelol last year, went n sat in the corner with the grumpy face on.

Reactions: 1 users

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
I think we were linked to Bonar in his draft yr...
Was listening to Mitch Cleary, who I sort of rate amongst the so called journos out there..... reckons Bonar is on 400k ish @ gws...... I like his upside but that's some serious coin for a bloke who's got 6 games under his belt. Something NQR there!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Was listening to Mitch Cleary, who I sort of rate amongst the so called journos out there..... reckons Bonar is on 400k ish @ gws...... I like his upside but that's some serious coin for a bloke who's got 6 games under his belt. Something NQR there!
Heard that too.
Crazy money for a player like that.
You think for the right trade they would cover a portion of his salary

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Heard that too.
Crazy money for a player like that.
You think for the right trade they would cover a portion of his salary
Not sure if he was injured or there's another issue, but to only play 2 games this year is a little strange...... We are just the place for lost causes.......@the right price though.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon given where our list is at and the number of quality players to come back in - Rance, Graham, Stack, Ross for starters, I cant see us trading for players this year, reason being a mixture of salary cap and need.

We should just go to the draft and pick up the best available, and I don’t mean the national draft, meh ...... the rookie draft and supplementary drafts......that’s what I am talking about. That’s where the gems are, that’s where you can can get a stack full of picketts.

Reactions: 3 users

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
I reckon given where our list is at and the number of quality players to come back in - Rance, Graham, Stack, Ross for starters, I cant see us trading for players this year, reason being a mixture of salary cap and need.

We should just go to the draft and pick up the best available, and I don’t mean the national draft, meh ...... the rookie draft and supplementary drafts......that’s what I am talking about. That’s where the gems are, that’s where you can can get a stack full of picketts.
i reckon the only trades we should do is try and upgrade our picks. to get a better shot at the kids. we got 3 picks around the 40 mark package 2 or even all those 3 picks and get 1 or 2 back lower in the draft.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
i reckon the only trades we should do is try and upgrade our picks. to get a better shot at the kids. we got 3 picks around the 40 mark package 2 or even all those 3 picks and get 1 or 2 back lower in the draft.
If menadue, Butler, McIntosh go or even 1-2 if them we are very well placed to trade with clubs who are looking for multiple picks for academy draftees and get an earlier pick. We can use very late picks to upgrade rookies and use The rookie draft etc to fill our list. That’s where we get premiership players from anyway

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
Those three picks give us enough points to upgrade to a pick in the top 20.
Rather us get more kids in areas we will need coverage once players start retiring and let them develop & grow within the Fly VFL program and learning the Richmond Way.

Upgrade our later picks from the rookie lists & find some more gems!

Reactions: 2 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
melbourne, victoria
Heard but can’t cant substantiate that Townsend might be considering a move back where it all began, GES.

A friend sucked in me to it and thought it was true.

Can’t find a thing.

BillyJean17

Tiger Superstar
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Heard but can’t cant substantiate that Townsend might be considering a move back where it all began, GES.

Can’t find a thing.
Would be very surprised, struggles big time at senior level , 2-3 p average

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW

Can’t find a thing.
not true

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Where’s all the phantom drafts this year?
I want to see from pick 70 onwards.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Looks like the Kelly trade will happen tomorrow.
Geel & WCE have agreed in principle to a trade.
Geelong get WCE 14 & 24 this year and 2020 first Rd pick.
WCE get Kelly and probably a change of picks in the 2nd Rd.
If WCE are giving away those sorts of picks for Kelly, imagine (purely as a hypothetical of course) what sorts of picks a club would have to part with to secure Martin.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
If WCE are giving away those sorts of picks for Kelly, imagine (purely as a hypothetical of course) what sorts of picks a club would have to part with to secure Martin.
Simpson is a doofus.
I don’t see him as a Clarkson style coach more a pyke style coach.
He was extremely lucky they played Collingwood in a GF.
5 goals down against us would’ve turned into a 10 goal loss and then the headlines ‘coach sacked’.
Defensively WC are very weak.
Kennedy looks like he is a QTR away from retirement. If he kicks goals against real sides next year I would be very surprised. He is finished.
WC strength is the midfield. Shuey great footballer, Yeo good footballer, adding Kelly is a bonus, but is it enough to say Flag favourites? I’m not convinced.
I nice round 3 slapping at the G might wake them up. (We will be guaranteed a game in Perth between rounds 18-23)