Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I messaged them on FB. They just responded “that’s it! “ with a survey link. Pathetic.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I have managed to log on to Kayo just now.... probably cause it’s half time #$++#$+%&*

See what happens when I go back to it for the second half.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
This is ridiculous. I logged in but I can only access the free stuff, says I have to upgrade to be able to view everything. Hopeless.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
$5 a month?! Get outta here...

Maybe it's the beer talking but you've got a butt that won't quit....

Reactions: 1 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
I've got to say that Kayo is a very very ordinary streaming service, in my experience at least.
I first did the free trial a couple of years ago, and cast games from my pc browser to HD tv, but the poor quality picture and constant buffering ruined it, so cancelled it.
Now i've got NBN and a new tv with the Kayo app, so i thought i'd sign up again during the week.
First up, tried watching replay of last weeks VFL game. Kept getting errors, or a message saying it was waiting for the live game to start.
Tried some MotoGP qualifying, but the buffering and quality made it pointless.
Now watching the game live, and while there is no buffering, the picture quality is absolute *smile*. Goes from HD to SD to basically noD and back. Half the time its just a blur.
Is it just me? Every other streaming service/app ive used works perfectly.
Won't be renewing

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
I've got to say that Kayo is a very very ordinary streaming service, in my experience at least.
I first did the free trial a couple of years ago, and cast games from my pc browser to HD tv, but the poor quality picture and constant buffering ruined it, so cancelled it.
Now i've got NBN and a new tv with the Kayo app, so i thought i'd sign up again during the week.
First up, tried watching replay of last weeks VFL game. Kept getting errors, or a message saying it was waiting for the live game to start.
Now watching the game live, and while there is no buffering, the picture quality is absolute *smile*. Goes from HD to SD to basically noD and back. Half the time its just a blur.
Won't be renewing
It's not just you, kayo is known for its poor quality. As I type this mine is frozen.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Same here. Moved house yesterday, foxtel was working through my IQ when I transferred over, then magically stopped working about 2 hours later, rang back up and they said I need a technician because of my signal (even though I said it was working, the guy was in some Indian call centre and I guess it wasn't on his sheet). My guess is someone pressed the wrong button on moving as all of my recordings in the library (including the 2019 and 2020 premierships) have all disappeared, there was me thinking it would just plug in and they swap the address!!

Anyway, trying to use Foxtel Go and getting the same as you. I can't watch any live tv at all on the foxtel go app. At least I know its not something I've done, but worried about the game tomorrow as want to watch it obviously.
Interesting, because Foxtel have a huge call centre in Moonee Ponds.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Won't be renewing
on NBN Was having similar issues picture quality buffering found it was modem issue
since replacing modem no issues quality of picture full HD
only issue I’ve had is the issue everyone had last night

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
on NBN Was having similar issues picture quality buffering found it was modem issue
since replacing modem no issues quality of picture full HD
only issue I’ve had is the issue everyone had last night
Thanks mate. Might have to mess around with the modem then