Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
BrisTiger24 said:
I would ditch Foxtel and just go with the Kayo service if there was a way to record the content.

For those that have used it, is there on-demand content that can be accessed? If I want to watch a Richmond game that has already finished, can I watch it on demand or does it only cater for live streams?

I've just switched to it on a free 2 week trial. They upload the games so you can watch them anytime so recording is not an issue.
I watch it off my IPhone then patch through to Apple TV. Quality is HD
So far i'd recommend it.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I was spewing Kayo was announced about a week after i signed up for foxtel on a 2 year contract! I only got foxtel for the sport.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Do you guys know by any chance if Apple TV would work on my old 50 inch Pioneer Plasma?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
theglove3 said:
Do you guys know by any chance if Apple TV would work on my old 50 inch Pioneer Plasma?

Works on my 34cm Goldstar tv fine.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tigers of Old said:
I've just switched to it on a free 2 week trial. They upload the games so you can watch them anytime so recording is not an issue.
I watch it off my IPhone then patch through to Apple TV. Quality is HD
So far i'd recommend it.

Thanks Tooheys. How quickly do they upload the games? Straight after, next day etc?

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tigers of Old said:
You can watch them straight away from the start if you miss it, so it must be uploaded instantly.

Great. Could be a goer. Will do a trial and it might be finally time to ditch Foxtel

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
I have signed up for the trial. Watching the JLT games I'm finding the image not as sharply defined as foxtel.

Perhaps a function of using fixed wireless NBN internet? Foxtel signal is from satellite.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
YinnarTiger said:
I have signed up for the trial. Watching the JLT games I'm finding the image not as sharply defined as foxtel.

Perhaps a function of using fixed wireless NBN internet? Foxtel signal is from satellite.

My experience is that Foxtel via satellite is HD and I’ve always found it much better quality than free to air footy
Presumably the web based stuff would be less than HD too?

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I've been using it during the JLT series. I'm casting through an old chromecast so it it still buffers from time to time.

Waiting for a Samsung Smart Tv app or PS4 app.

If you have Android TV or Apple TV your laughing. Service is good. I think it's a great alternative to Foxtel long term.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
YinnarTiger said:
Foxtel rates have had a huge drop for current customers ringing up to cancel because they are switching to Kayo.

I got 50% off sport for 12 months yesterday

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
evo said:
I've been using it during the JLT series. I'm casting through an old chromecast so it it still buffers from time to time.

Waiting for a Samsung Smart Tv app or PS4 app.

If you have Android TV or Apple TV your laughing. Service is good. I think it's a great alternative to Foxtel long term.

I like it & am using Apple TV.
Only thing I haven't worked out yet is how to view it from last watched rather than having to watch it from the start.

E

easy_tiger

Ive got an LG smart tv. It gets internet and netflix etc

Can i watch footy games using Kayo?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
easy said:
Ive got an LG smart tv. It gets internet and netflix etc

Can i watch footy games using Kayo?

From their site easy..

Why isn't Kayo available on SMART TV?
Kayo is always looking to develop apps for more devices, and that includes SMART TVs. It's not ready just yet, but we hope to have a Kayo app available for SMART TVs in 2019.

Chromecast or Apple TV is your best bet.