Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Only came across it today. Covers most sports
Allows you to watch all AFL live games apart from GF for basic package $25pm no contract can cancel at anytime
https://kayosports.com.au
Wondering if anyone has signed upto it ?

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Tiger Ghost said:
Not yet but i believe its not far away, yes its HD
Sure you can, it works on Apple TV and Chromcast and you can always hook a HDMI cable from your laptop to the TV.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Cheers for the heads up. Can you watch it through your TV? HD?

Yes. Click the link on my original post for all the details 8-

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
it only started up a week or 2 ago. its foxtels streaming service. early reports are really good.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Says you can watch on 2 different devices (screens) at the same time for $25 a month. Does that mean you could go halvies with a mate?

Blackcats

Tiger Cub
Mar 24, 2014
It’s just the Foxtel sports package rebranded and delivered online for $25 a month. It has some other bells and whistles, but basically the same thing.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
WatchAFL and then use a VPN gets access to fox footy channel effectively. Has all shows plus they are stored about an hour after they run so you can watch any of them. It was about $160 last year so about $25/month too. Maybe Kayo has more content?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Does it show “ two and a half men”?
If it does I’m signing up

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Trialled this on the small screen on Sunday and it was pretty good. Streamed simultaneously to three TV's via Apple TV tonight. I'm sold.

Haven't watched Foxtel since footy season ended, and this is the means to effectively get a "sports only" Foxtel package. The only thing I might miss is Sky Channel but I can get the races through the TAB app. Plus I get to dispense with the Foxtel box, two transmitter/receiver sets which beamed it into other rooms, and the coax & HDMI cables. And the remotes.

All streamed content now going through small, discreet Apple TV boxes with a short HDMI cable into the TV: Kayo, Netflix, Plex/Infuse. Fingers crossed for a decent connection when the NBN gets hooked up next month...

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Watched the Jlt game through it streaming onto the big telly.
Bloody fantastic.
Depends on your wifi etc but it was seamless and hd crisp

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
Tigers of Old said:
Cheers for the heads up. Can you watch it through your TV? HD?
I believe that you can chromecast it from your computer to the TV

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
I would ditch Foxtel and just go with the Kayo service if there was a way to record the content.

For those that have used it, is there on-demand content that can be accessed? If I want to watch a Richmond game that has already finished, can I watch it on demand or does it only cater for live streams?