Apologies for site outage today | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Apologies for site outage today

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Sorry for the inconvenience people experienced due to site problems today.

The site was down when I tried to open it at 6am. Tester and I spent from then till 9.30am trying to solve the problem. Our hosts led us to believe it was a problem with our index page but it turns out they were doing a site migration.

We had no warning of the impending outage and the tech support didn't even appear to know it was happening.

After the migration some were able to come straight back on but it took a fair while for others' DNS to take up.

I hope I replied to everybody who emailed me about the problem. (I bought a new computer today and don't have email on it yet to check) I appreciate everybody letting me know what they were experiencing.

I hope everyone is back on deck now and the withdrawal symptoms weren't too bad. It's been a frustrating day but unfortunately it was out of our control.

:gotigers

Ouch, that hurt. 403 forbidden messages for the last 3 or 4 hours for me. Everyone else by the looks of it too.

not after game day lol...
all good..

Lets hope the membership portal on the RFC page gets a good working over today too..... (but not crash).. last push to 60,000 ... Seriously if you watched the game last night, and your not a RFC member (and you can afford it) you will never sign up!!!

Yep, that's right. The explaination was that there was a permissions problem and by clicking an option in the hosting control panel it fixed it.

I have no idea how these permissions would have been changed, and when I ssh-ed to the server they were fine enough to allow access.
(Indeed, it allowed access to any file apart from /yabbse/*.php - even though the php files had the same perms as the .html files)

This happened at 11:57am this morning, and no one was doing any kind of maintenance on the site that we know of.

I thought it must have gone into meltdown from some darksiders seeing the unbridled praise being heaped on Jacko, Whitey and Newie.

;D

Sorry all. Can't give a decent explanation. Seems like a host stuff up but who knows. I was away all day so thanks to 'tester' for sorting it out for us..actually even if I wasn't out he would still be the one to thank.

YinnarTiger said:
I thought it must have gone into meltdown from some darksiders seeing the unbridled praise being heaped on Jacko, Whitey and Newie.

;D

No, that's a 'site outrage'.