ARC Appeal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ARC Appeal

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
If the central umpire is not to sure he will put his hands behind his back and says to the goal umpire all clear, indicating that the goal umpire has the call.

The goal umpire was half a metre away from the goal post and as so had the best position of any one to make the judgment call this includes the numpties up in ARC.

They stuffed up but we just have to move on otherwise we just become salty.
If it was just a matter of a bloke getting a live call wrong, or even getting a video call wrong, I could move on as well as anyone.
How anyone can say that that video was the 100% conclusive evidence needed to OVERTURN the umpire's call is beyond reasonable error.
It doesn't matter whether it was a goal or not ... but the fact that it probably was AND the goal umpire got it right, just makes it worse.
I think it was something more that just stuffing up.

Reactions: 5 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
The reappearance of this thread has made my blood pressure shoot up again! :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
If it was just a matter of a bloke getting a live call wrong, or even getting a video call wrong, I could move on as well as anyone.
How anyone can say that that video was the 100% conclusive evidence needed to OVERTURN the umpire's call is beyond reasonable error.
It doesn't matter whether it was a goal or not ... but the fact that it probably was AND the goal umpire got it right, just makes it worse.
I think it was something more that just stuffing up.
But Lynch’s reaction!!!

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
As others have said, reckon its time to bin this thread...

Was bitterly disappointed at the time, still grates me such a mistake at such a time but such is life.

Looking forward to 2023 and hopefully these 5-10 point close losses turn to wins and were at the pointy end of ladder again where we belong!.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
As others have said, reckon its time to bin this thread...

Was bitterly disappointed at the time, still grates me such a mistake at such a time but such is life.

Looking forward to 2023 and hopefully these 5-10 point close losses turn to wins and were at the pointy end of ladder again where we belong!.
Exactly, The bird has flown so little can be gained by raking over old coals.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It’ll be gone but never forgotten. The ARC fiasco will be brought up from time to time in the future.
Yep at least it wasn’t a grand final.

Saints supporters remember well Hawkins’ goal that hit the post. That was as big a farce as this but in a GF.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Umpire's call is a goal..umpire's call is a goal..umpire's call is a goal..

Animated GIF
487966CE-4973-421C-AB2C-1821319CB297.jpeg

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
And the Malcolm Blight goal where he casually strolled in to drill it through for a behind... Malcolm was supremely confident, so we'll call that a goal too.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
But Lynch’s reaction!!!

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.
Just on that, (I know I probably should let go but..) Lynch was looking annoyed because Harris Andrews had run over the mark before play-on was called.

Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just on that, (I know I probably should let go but..) Lynch was looking annoyed because Harris Andrews had run over the mark before play-on was called.
He also said that he lost sight of the ball in the lights and so didn't know the result.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Regardless of the disgraceful error and the failure by the AFL in addressing and owning it, I hope they fix the failed and inadequate technology for the 2023 season.

What we have at the moment is a 1980’s handicam on a tripod and playback on a Sanyo beta cord video recorder. This, according to the AFL, is cutting edge. (Before someone chips in and says that the two formats are incompatible, I know :geek: )

1666403779758.jpeg

1666403720504.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Same here, especially finding the hook.
Oh yeah that was it. Even before I understood what the cartoon was about I could find the hook. He forgot to put it in once and apologised the following day. I wonder how many frustrated people rang the paper to complain?

• Haha