ARC Appeal | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ARC Appeal

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Oh yeah that was it. Even before I understood what the cartoon was about I could find the hook. He forgot to put it in once and apologised the following day. I wonder how many frustrated people rang the paper to complain?
First person to catch a boatload without a hook.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
I thought we were going to be able to see what the ARC took as definitive proof.
Two months have passed without anything?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I thought we were going to be able to see what the ARC took as definitive proof.
Two months have passed without anything?

Hardwick did the tour and was asked about it on AFL 360. My translation of what he said was the AFL showed him why they were adamant the decision was correct. Hardwick wasn't really buying it but didn't have the technical knowledge to have a base to dispute it from.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Been watching a number of classic footy clips on New Tube recently and what stands out is the definitive way the goal umpires adjudicate. No um,or er,just point out the fingers and wave the the flags. Oh for the good old days.

Reactions: 8 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Hardwick did the tour and was asked about it on AFL 360. My translation of what he said was the AFL showed him why they were adamant the decision was correct. Hardwick wasn't really buying it but didn't have the technical knowledge to have a base to dispute it from.
Agree Dimma wasn't buying it, he was trying hard to be diplomatic but you could see scorn behind the facade. Don't agree on the technical knowledge part in the least. He, like us, are able to grasp basic geometry and probabilities. I think politically he needed an out and he took it. What was the alternative? Dimma calls *smile*, what happens then? Richmond hate just ramps up.

All pretty stinky though, Dimma unconvinced. League won't release footage or reasoning. The league stuffed up. Scrambled to cover it up and justify it, and were reliant on Dimma dropping it, and he did.

I know everyone is saying we need to move on, and we will, life goes on, but this will always stick in my craw, just like 1982. (Leigh Matthews has only just started to move on from the farce of Brisbane being forced to play a home prelim at the G in '04. Few similarities to us there, win 3 flags, the AFL starts kneecapping).

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
It was a rort. Then a cover up. Then a sweep under the rug. Then a 'nothing to see here'.

AFL playbook 101.

I'm with you TS, still infuriating

Reactions: 7 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Agree Dimma wasn't buying it, he was trying hard to be diplomatic but you could see scorn behind the facade. Don't agree on the technical knowledge part in the least. He, like us, are able to grasp basic geometry and probabilities. I think he needed an out and he took it. What was the alternative? Dimma calls *smile*, what happens then? Richmond hate just ramps up.

All pretty stinky though, Dimma unconvinced. League won't release footage or reasoning. The league stuffed up. Scrambled to cover it up and justify it, and were reliant on Dimma dropping it, and he did.

I know everyone is saying we need to move on, and we will, life goes on, but this will always stick in my craw, just like 1982. (Leigh Matthews has only just started to move on from the farce of Brisbane being forced to play a home prelim at the G in '04. Few similarities to us there, win 3 flags, the AFL starts kneecapping).
Bump.(y)

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
100% was a rort and cover up still to this day no footage or reasoning how could a professional organisation come out and say we have it and then not show it corruption that's all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
100% was a rort and cover up still to this day no footage or reasoning how could a professional organisation come out and say we have it and then not show it corruption that's all.
They have shown time and again, that they are corrupt. AFL strategy is to leave situations for long enough and they go away. Hawthorn racist story - all in an uproar, coaches step down and bugger me dead in a month or two, the coaches are back; ARC decision clearly incorrect - wait, showdimma a *smile*’n’bull story and all is forgiven; Adelaide training camp schmozzle - nothing to see here; Essendon drug saga dragged on for how long and no AFL accountability; and their latest f*&$up -, Brownlow compromised by betting scandal in which an umpire has been involved - will wait and see how this one plays out. We are just the AFL’s bunnies and we keep coming back for more of the same. Just another straw on that camels back - I think it will break (me) sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 9 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
The AFL never said they had footage, the media said they had footage and the AFL just let that story spread.

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The AFL never said they had footage, the media said they had footage and the AFL just let that story spread.
yes. the way the whole thing played out, the AFL had to have planted the idea they had some secret footage to their lapdog media. Hutchison and Caro saying 'ive heard they have footage that shows its a point' . Then a bunch of others, including Caro rightly doubting it on the basis it just didn't make sense. if you've got footage show it, if you haven't create the idea you might have it but showing it is a breach of some unknown policy or bowing to pressure or something.

who knows. Officially the AFL just went to ground on it. Did they unoffically muddy the waters? or did the media just fill the void? either way its ludicrous.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
They have shown time and again, that they are corrupt. AFL strategy is to leave situations for long enough and they go away. Hawthorn racist story - all in an uproar, coaches step down and bugger me dead in a month or two, the coaches are back; ARC decision clearly incorrect - wait, showdimma a *smile*’n’bull story and all is forgiven; Adelaide training camp schmozzle - nothing to see here; Essendon drug saga dragged on for how long and no AFL accountability; and their latest f*&$up -, Brownlow compromised by betting scandal in which an umpire has been involved - will wait and see how this one plays out. We are just the AFL’s bunnies and we keep coming back for more of the same. Just another straw on that camels back - I think it will break (me) sooner rather than later.
Yep the sooner Gil *smile* off the better. Worst CEO ever.

Reactions: 4 users

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Great post. The AFL has lost the plot. How hard is it to run a footy league? The stuff that is coming out is indicative of an oganisation in chaos. Corruption and incompetence go hand in hand every time.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Cant say I can identify him, all umpires look the same. Nerdy, dorky, weedy.
7D5858B7-4ED2-4A96-92B5-D4C325A9E170.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Has an interesting surname this umpire. Hopefully not related to George! (and that is not Castagna)