As a fan who attends games, have you ever been consulted by anyone running the AFL for your view on the state of the game? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

As a fan who attends games, have you ever been consulted by anyone running the AFL for your view on the state of the game?

Have you ever been consulted by anyone running the AFL for your view on the state of the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Hocking & Co tell us "this is what the fans wanted" when they constantly change the rules of the game. So the question is, As a fan who attends games, have you ever been consulted by anyone running the AFL for your view on the state of the game?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jewell

Tiger Cub
May 4, 2006
Was it Benny Gale who made the distinction between being the custodians of the game or custodians of the business....I think he was talking about a Tassie team. The AFL manages the business (and pretty well to be fair). It's all about 'content' and 'eyeballs' and being in the entertainment business. The metrics are all wrong for the game but right for the business. Until this changes it will always be the same

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Not been asked by the AFL but there were some questions relating to this in the recent survey I got from RFC.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Once, on the phone. Was around ticketing and grounds and timing of matches but there was one question on whether the game was better or worse as a spectacle now or in the past. The survey relied on my responses being accurately recorded by the person asking the questions.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Yes. Hocking gave me a bell last week. I said you've gotta do something about manning the mark. Richmond are far too good at that. Also the kick outs, but I didn't explain it well so that's turned into a schemozz. I wanted six in the 50 at all times but Steve spat the dummy and hung up. Cheers.

Reactions: 1 user

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Hocking justifying his large pay packet by continually tinkering with the rules.

I foresee plenty of ridiculous 50s being paid as a result of that manning the mark rule change.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Hocking justifying his large pay packet by continually tinkering with the rules.

I foresee plenty of ridiculous 50s being paid as a result of that manning the mark rule change.
Yep, and guess which game in rd 1 they’ll be red hot on? Before there’s an outcry that the umps were too rigid on the rules and relax interpretation.

Reactions: 2 users