Ash Barty Retires?! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ash Barty Retires?!

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What a champ.

Walks the walk of the well adjusted bigtime

Ill miss her alot, but respect her even more.

*dont get any ideas Dusty

Reactions: 3 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
A wonderful career. I will miss watching her play. It is back to the Aussies not getting out of the first couple of rounds of the slams.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Talent is only good if it gets you what you want in life.

She is in that glorious position of being in total control of what she wants to do.

All power to her.

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I wonder who Ash Barty is going down the slide as?
Maybe in a Richmond Guernsey and fake tatt sleeves as Dusty?
Or a cardboard cut out face of her buddy Chimpah?
Hope she is in a Richmond jumper.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Just watched Ash Barty's interview during the half time break of the Big Freeze game.
She is an amazing human being, and a credit to her family, her people and to herself.
Has there ever been a more humble superstar?

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Just watched Ash Barty's interview during the half time break of the Big Freeze game.
She is an amazing human being, and a credit to her family, her people and to herself.
Has there ever been a more humble superstar?
Yeh, she's a star. Hard to recall a more likeable Aussie sportsman or sportswoman.

I really hope she has a good crack at golf, wouldn't surprise to see her be successful.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
My understanding is Ash has given up on Tennis because she doesn't like the celebrity lifestyle and wants to return to living like a normal person as much as possible. Unfortunately this means she's taking a step back from golf too, partly due to the media obsession that she's going to turn professional and party because so many people approach her on the course. She's happy to do things for charity like the big freeze but otherwise is shunning the spotlight.

Reactions: 1 users